Notifications
Clear all

ResurFX?

MemberMember
(@unbeaten-dingo)

Posted : 10/08/2018 2:32 pm

Anyone here have any experience with the M22 ResurFX nonablative laser for acne scarring? I have mild shallow boxcars and icepick scars on my cheeks and forehead I'd like to reduce. Treatments cost about $400/session and require 3-4 sessions. Please share with me your negative or positive stories! TIA

MemberMember
(@kman101)

Posted : 10/08/2018 5:55 pm

Laser generally does little to nothing for acne scars. Non-ablative lasers always do nothing. They are easy revenue for the doctor/clinic but poor for patient. Avoid!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/08/2018 6:32 pm

@Unbeaten DingoWe advocate for manual scar methods (subcision, filler, tca cross, microneedling, acid peels, etc) first here, the same as Dr Lim and the other 1% of the acne scar Drs. You want to raise your scars before considering any laser or peels for texture. Non-ablative laser is not effective for scars, ... it can be for acne. Vascular laser is helpful for veins and discoloration.

I do not think that laser will be effective for you. If you post a pic I can help. The most helpful laser's are CO2 low density 3-7% and high power and Erbium Resurfacing. Both are ablative and only used after the above, a alternative is RF micro needing.

Bev15 liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/09/2018 6:05 am

M22 platform by Lumenis- good overall platform, the NA ResufFx is good for mild and early scars. Lumenis makes one of the best IPLs, and crazy powerful Ultrapulse, but the M22 is geared towards aesthetic GPs who want an do it all platform. Always employ a method based upon the merits of the scar type. In the majority it will be manual, with the aid of many devices. Like I said, Lumenis is a good company, but this devices is over rated and under delivered, compared to the polar opposite of their UP- under rated but over delivered. See an expert in scar revision.