Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl peroxide burn

MemberMember
(@jenny666)

Posted : 09/29/2018 11:44 pm

I used benzoyl peroxide gel 2.5% two days back on my cheeks fr acne.i didnt spot apply bt spread it all over my cheeks.i used it fr the first time and left fr 3-4 hrs.. after i washed it the gel caused a burn in same circle shape that i had applied. Will it remain permanent .im really worried...

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/05/2018 2:02 pm

Hi Jenny666,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. If you are first week into The Regimen, you should use only a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment and then apply at least two full pumps of the Cane.org Moisturizer twice a day to prevent dryness and irritation. Washing off the Acne.org Treatment will render it ineffective so you should leave it on your skin until the next application of the Acne.org Regimen products.

By week three, you may SLOWLY increase the dose of the Acne.org Treatment until your skin can tolerate thefull amount of the product.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 10/07/2018 4:15 pm

It wont remain permanent ; its sort of like a sunburn. I had the same thing happen to me. I stopped using BP for 3-4 days and then slowly reintroduced it. (Eventually I found a much more gentle BP than this one thankfully!)

MemberMember
(@kiwi782)

Posted : 01/29/2019 11:49 pm

On 9/29/2018 at 9:44 PM, Jenny666 said:

I used benzoyl peroxide gel 2.5% two days back on my cheeks fr acne.i didnt spot apply bt spread it all over my cheeks.i used it fr the first time and left fr 3-4 hrs.. after i washed it the gel caused a burn in same circle shape that i had applied. Will it remain permanent .im really worried...

I used the Differin Cleanser which was supposed to be for sensitive skin. I received the cleanser before I got the gel, so I started using the cleanser about 3-4 days before the gel. At first, it was doing amazing. It felt awesome on my skin and I really thought I found the one. About 4 days ago I started using the gel with it. This is when everything went downhill, my face was burning terribly. I didnt think it was a reaction with the gel, since you were supposed to use them together. My face was itchy, burning, red, tight, peeling, and in general, horrible.I now believe it was BP burning. The cleanser contains 5% benzoyl peroxide. After reading upon it, I found that you have to use it for about 1-2 weeks for your skin to build tolerance to it. Since it was so painful, I quit using it and continue using the gel. Im currently still in pain and cant apply moisturizer because it burns. The only thing I have found that soothes my skin is rubbing an ice cube on it. Good luck to you and your skin.