Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there to whoever will read this!

im almost a 21 years old female suffering from acne of my face, back and chest. I have been dealing with this problem for the past 5-6 years and it has become increasingly unbearable for me to deal with it. During my teen years, my acne did not effect my mental health that much. However I am in college now and earlier this year, I had a flare up which led to significant damage to my self esteem and symptoms of intense depression. I'm currently using adapalene gel and benzoyl peroxide combo to treat my acne. Earlier I only used to use BP but I have incorporated adapalene after seeing a dermatologist a month ago. I'm on my fifth week of the treatment and I'm breaking out almost everday. I feel scared and stressed and exhausted after continuously living with acne. Everyday I wake up in gear and the first thing I do is check my face in the mirror to see if I have any overly concering pimples. My stress and anxiety also makes me pop up pimples which almost always make them worse and I find my self in a cycle of self hatred. I am worried about my mental health but unfortunately there is no where I can get help from. I don't want to go to therapy. I don't think I can afford it. I barely go to college once a week due to my acne and I can see myself become more and more mentally ill. My acne is disrupting my life and I have no clue what to do. I have tried every treatment that I could afford and there is no one I can talk to about this with. I'm so exhausted that I want to give. I just want to stop everything. 

I know how that feels, if the topicals are not working, i think you can talk to the derm regarding accutane, i took it and i think it helped me clear my acne, however i was a bit late into taking it and therefore i am now left with acne scars, and its very hard going to college with this.