Notifications
Clear all

Acne and scars problem..please take a look [Pics Included]

MemberMember
(@und3rcore)

Posted : 09/26/2018 4:22 pm

Hello everyone, i got acne since i was like 18 and it all started when i went to the military for some reason..don't really know why but that's when the first pimples and blackheads, etc. started to pop out..anyways i'm 23 now and this is how my cheeks look as of today..Is there anything you can recommend to me doing ? Like is my only option to visit a dermatologist or can i fix this on my own?

Thanks in advance !

20180927_001449.thumb.jpg.c469c9b52782a6b087ecdb7fa887e438.jpg20180927_001625.thumb.jpg.5b4d5a00b3ad8e8fc7b3df47bf4102c5.jpg

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/27/2018 1:47 pm

Doing things like picking at your acne can damage the skin and cause scarring, so avoid doing that as much as possible. Some that become severely inflamed can also scar.

If you have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), it can be treated. Sometimes it even goes away over time, just by keeping a strict skincare routine. Topical creams can help. Pitted or depressed scars are harder to treat.

I suggest you see a dermatologist. It could be faster. If you have a good dermatologist, they'll tell you what you can treat with OTC products and what you'll need a prescription for. Mine does that, anyway.

Good luck.

Und3rcore liked
MemberMember
(@und3rcore)

Posted : 09/28/2018 9:54 am

20 hours ago, Silavana said:

Doing things like picking at your acne can damage the skin and cause scarring, so avoid doing that as much as possible. Some that become severely inflamed can also scar.

If you have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), it can be treated. Sometimes it even goes away over time, just by keeping a strict skincare routine. Topical creams can help. Pitted or depressed scars are harder to treat.

I suggest you see a dermatologist. It could be faster. If you have a good dermatologist, they'll tell you what you can treat with OTC products and what you'll need a prescription for. Mine does that, anyway.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice..what creams should i try do you have anything in mind ? I will either way visit a dermatologist as soon as i can.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/28/2018 2:14 pm

These are good ones to start with, you may have to try a few before you find the one that works best for you. Just don't try too many new products at once, you can either make it worse, or it will clear up and you won't kniw which one worked.

CeraVe AM Moisturizer

Paulas Choice

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 09/28/2018 2:50 pm

I'd say you have a "light" version of acne (though not trying to say your worries are unfounded). I simply say this to say I would start with the more gentle treatments and work your way up. Your skin doesn't look dry, which is good! So I would say something like .25% salycilic acid wash and a light lotion like cerave pm. You can try it out and see how your skin likes it. That's honestly my best tip, is for you to listen to your skin. If something burns or leaves you looking more for the wear the next day, cut it off and move on to the next thing. The good thing like i said is your skin looks very decent, so it should ideally only take some light treatment to curve the breakouts. Good luck friend!