Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xpicturexshowx

Want to start a Vitamin B5 log

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here a while. I'm a 23 year old female and have been suffering from acne since I was in middle school. Maybe since 12 years old? I get cystic flare ups sometimes and in general, when I do have zits, they are not small. I don't know what they would be called. Its definitely bad and has an adverse affect on my self-esteem. I've never actually gone to a dermatologist though. I don't know why. Once, the doctor gave me some topical medication, which seemed to help a bit, but nothing special. I did go to a dermatologist once, for something else, and they gave me a prescription for my face, and.. I was just put off... They barely looked at me, threw a prescription at me that wasn't even for what I went in for (even though, yes, I'm sure I needed a prescription) It was some sort of antibiotic along with some topical medication. The bad thing is, I'm female, and I had never had a yeast infection, and after a couple of days, I got one. I was freaked out and looked up causes of yeast infections online and saw that antibiotics were one of them. I should have probably stuck with the antibiotics but I just threw them away (and that was a very expensive prescription to fill in) Besides that, Pro Activ worked for me, for a while.. Benzoyl Peroxide seems to work, but the problem is, I don't just have moderate acne. I need more than that. Plus, I'd like to think the regimen is working, but I'm really not sure. While on the regimen, I had one of the worst breakouts that I've ever had. I got huge cysts on my cheeks that bled when I slept and ached and it was absolutely horrible. They left really bad marks too. I'm just sick of this. My skin can be decent sometimes and I'd like to think there was hope for it.. But I guess I want an insant solution. Like Accutane. I just want to be clear. But before I do that, I want to try some natural methods. I'd like to see if a combination of eating right, vitamin B5, and taking care of my skin might help clear me up. So my question is:

I saw a post a while ago that gave tips on how to start on Vitamin B5. Can anyone point me to that post?

I'm replying to my own post... I keep seeing that you need to take Biotion as well as another Vitamin B supplement along with B5... well.. those Evolution X pills.. Do they contain the other things as well?

the link is:

www.vitaminb5supplements.com

hi there,

i just read your post and i could not help but writing to you! my name is Shannon and I am 21 years old. I have been on the B5 treatment for 76 days and i can definitely tell you that it has changed my skin for SO GOOD!!! Let me first back up and tell you that before I went on the B5, I tried ZenMed and it made my face the worst it has ever been in my life. As a result, i went to the derm for help cause my face was that bad...i will have to show you pics, but anyway, i HATE antibiotics becuase they are so not good to use long term since they kill the bad and GOOD bacteria in your body that your body needs so much. And besides that, your body can become immune to them and they will stop working entirely. So after a few months on it, i wanted to come off, because I am really into treating things naturally to benefit the body. And the other thing is that acne is a result of something not quite right in your body...there is an imbalance somewhere...and people are so stupid sometimes that they stay in antibioitics for so long...you dont have acne because of lack of antibiotics...you have acne cause there is an internal imbalance going on that needs to be fixed. anyway, i went to a naturopath after i came off the antibioitcis on my own, because my face went crazy and i mean i had the worst acne on my chin in my entire life!! And the reason I later realized is because my body had no good bacteria left in my system to fight off the bad bacteria...the reason antiboitocs work is they kill the back bacteria, so to see constant results, u have to stay on them long term...which is essentially bad for your bod....when i came off the good bacteria was wiped out, so therefore my face broke out TERRIBLY...i went to the natoropath and he told me he had read about the benefits of B5...and im sure you have read about them if you were on the b5supplements.com website....and I have been on teh Evolution-X pills since september 30th, and my health has completely improved!!! i am staying on the 10g for prob another month or so then im goin to slowly decrease the dosage...i dont know what your body is like, but before I was on the B5, i had very irregular periods that were not realy close to 28 days...since goign on the b5, the past two months i have had periods at 26 days !! I also take a probiotic to keep replenishin the good bacteria in my system...i take primal defense twice a day too. And I will honeslty say, currently, i have one zit on my face on my chin....everything else is clear and there are some red marks on my chin because of how bad my acne was before....the B5 takes time but it works!! and its sooooooooooooo good for your body. I realy hope this helps....im telling you, B5 is one a big reason people have acne...since it aids in hormone balancing and food metabolizing. Accutane is not the reason pepole have acne...you dont get acne from lack of accutane, but you DO get acne from a lack of B5...and im telling you, i have PLENTY of friends who have been on accutane only to see results go back to the way they were a year later, and the acne came back. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask on here....sorry this is so long....GOOD LUCK!!

-Shannon

Acne is nothing to do with an imbalance anywhere in your body! Your body simply has to get rid of toxins, if the liver cant cope, it secretes them out the skin, simple as! If it cant secrete toxins through the skin, it finds somewhere else, did you have bad wind on b5? Stomach aches/cramps?

When I first tried Dan's regimen, my face cleared up, my back got lots of acne, so I treated my back & face, my chest got acne! It was simple, my body needed to get rid of the toxins!

Before I end up having to cover my whole body in BP everyday, I'm going to try the diet from acnefreein3days.com , I read the book and it sounds very viable, sounds like it will work, fingers crossed!

If not, I'll give b5 a go, but if you are truely into a REAL NATURAL CURE, try the acnefreein3days book. Taking so much b5 IS NOT NATURAL!

Acne is not caused due to a lack of b5, its just a coincidense that lots of b5 helps!

ummm i disagree, because since i have been on b5, it has balanced out my hormones (not goin to go into detail), but if you go to b5supplements.com there is a whole article about how it works...and you're right....10g is higher than what everyoen needs, but the reason you start out so high is because you need to jar your body into creating coenzyme A...once the body has been doing this for a few monhts, the dose can be reduced to a much greater dose depdning on the need of the person...thats just my testimonial...it has really helped me...