Notifications
Clear all

Silicon gel while using Tretinoin 0.025% for hypertrophic nose scar?

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 09/23/2018 7:50 am

Hi all,

I've had an issue with my nose now for over a year. What begun as a large, deep sebaceous cyst has become a hypertrophic scar around the area due to me sqeeuzing and bursting the cyst.
The cyst itself has not gone away but is smaller and still deep - so not visible on the skin surface.
My derm believes I still have a few blocked pores around this area and has started me on Treclin gel (Tretinoin + Clindamycin) 0.025%.

The scarring is slap bang in the middle of my nasal bridge so is very visible and has been causing me a lot of emotional distress.

My question really is whether I can use silicon gel to treat the small, raised hypertrophic scarring I have from bursting the cyst? Will this interact with the tretinoin or is it safe to use on the same days?

The scar actually bothers me the most and causes my nose skin to look raised so I want to target this, but don't believe the Treclin gel will help to reduce this scarring (hence wanting to get on with trying silicon).

Thanks in advance,
Joel.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/24/2018 12:23 pm

@jwebs91No don't occlude acid under something. Silicone could trap it and lead to a burn. You could do silicone during the day and tretinorin at night.

BA