Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
April

Differin users please answer

From what I've been hearing differin users clear up for the first few weeks of treatment and then break out like crazy and then clear up again. From your experience, is this what happened to you? Is there anyone out there that didn't get a crazy breakout? I just started about a week ago and my skin is clearing up nicely, but I am scared about this breakout. But I will do what I have to do. I'm also using clind., too.

yeah thats true in my case. i am on adoxa, clindamycin, and differin. within the first two weeks, my acne almost cleared and then bam! hella new acne. i'm on like.. week 10 or something and i'm battling red marks. basically, it gets all the crap out of your skin and cleans it out completely, which is why it takes a long time to get perfect results.

hey April... it's me again... haha...

anyway, i'm on differin and other stuff, which u should know by now... so i'm not sure if it's differin or the other stuff that caused this experience that i had...

basically, i don't think i had a clearup first... i just broke out really bad for erm what... 4 months... haha... and now it's finally clearing... not a sudden breakout of the entire face but it's like 1st my right cheek brokeout, then just when it's onto the healing stage, my left cheek brokeout... haha... now both cheeks are healing... oh and did i mention my chest and back brokeout too... haha... and it's the same story... 1st my left back broke out, heal... then my right back broke out, heal...

i like differin for some reason... tongue.gif

Tried it got minimal results and had a HORRIBLE break out... im one of these people who never get pimples here and there and thought this was the answer but it clearly wasnt... i asked my derm for low dose accutane (like Jessica Simpson did) and my skin in now beautiful and no longer get even the occational pimple!... just go for the permanent fix and stop the battle for finding the perfect cure.... its there and its called accutane

PS. I'm the one gettingkissed... just for those of you who it wasnt obvious for...

post-13709-1103015173_thumb.jpg

post-13709-1103015173_thumb.jpg

My acne isn't bad enough for accutane. But it's bad enough that it bothers the hell outta me. I'm almost 29 years old. I will be totally embarassed if I get a crazy breakout, but I guess it'll be worth it if this crap actually works.

Also - for the last person - I though jessica simpson's clear skin was due to proactive not accutane?

My acne seemed to calm down for the first three weeks of differin and tetracycline but it then seemed to break out quite badly. Around about week 16 i noticed an improvement but its not that good really. My lower face is really clear and I rarely get any pustules on my lower face now, which means i have only about 6 red marks at a time there, but i still have about 6 inflamed papules at any one time there as well. My forehead hasnt responded as well and has been bad all throughout. I get quite large whiteheads on it, but i dont think i get many pustules there, i still get a lot of papules there as well. I've been on it for 19 weeks now, i've just added BP to my problem areas so hopefully that will take care of some of the inflammation. But my overall feeling of differin is that apart from stopping my pustules and reducing the number of redmarks i have it aint that special really

I've been on differin for a little over three weeks now. At first I was clearing up very nicely, but about 4 days ago it was like, WHAM! I've got several new spots, one on my forehead which is where I NEVER break out, a few on my chin where I hardly ever break out, and a couple on my left cheek. The ones on my cheek were just waiting to happen though. They've been little white bumps for MONTHS, and I was so sick of them; so even that they're now very red and swollen, I'm glad to know that at least they're doing something instead of just staying annoying little bumps for forever.

I don't know how differin will work for me. I really, really do hope that it will clear me up. The right side of my face is fantastic; all I need to do for that side is just get rid of all the red marks. :/ Damned things. It's the left side of my face that's giving me trouble... I hope differin is just doing its job and purging my skin. That would be nice.

My acne isn't bad enough for accutane. But it's bad enough that it bothers the hell outta me. I'm almost 29 years old. I will be totally embarassed if I get a crazy breakout, but I guess it'll be worth it if this crap actually works.

Also - for the last person - I though jessica simpson's clear skin was due to proactive not accutane?

Heya.

I was on Differing almost two years ago for acne (in combo with Doxycycline), and I had no adverse effect from it, they clear up my skin really well.

I've been on it for 19 weeks now, i've just added BP to my problem areas so hopefully that will take care of some of the inflammation.

I heard that bp and differin counteract each other! I would double check on that and use bp at a different time than differin.

Well at least one person reported no adverse effects. Hopefully, I will be the second!

From what I've been hearing differin users clear up for the first few weeks of treatment and then break out like crazy and then clear up again. From your experience, is this what happened to you? Is there anyone out there that didn't get a crazy breakout? I just started about a week ago and my skin is clearing up nicely, but I am scared about this breakout. But I will do what I have to do. I'm also using clind., too.

Heya.

I was on Differing almost two years ago for acne (in combo with Doxycycline), and I had no adverse effect from it, they clear up my skin really well.

I heard that bp and differin counteract each other! I would double check on that and use bp at a different time than differin.

Well at least one person reported no adverse effects. Hopefully, I will be the second!

Well, Ive been using Differin for the last 3 months or so.

Initially, I had plenty of pimples but not really white heads or blackheads. More of pus filled ones, and then I went to the derm and he advised Differin ( Called Adaferin in my country, India ) & Clindamycin on alternate nights.

DIFFERIN AND CLINDAMYCIN NEED NOT BE BAD FOR EVERYONE AS STATED BY TART, IT ACTUALLY WORKED IN MY CASE .

CLINDAMYCIN is an antibiotic, it ,really helps removing the existing zits.

Coming back,

Though the Differin product insert info said that you would break out like crazy on the first week or so, nothing really happened, anyways, Ive been continuing usage and results have been brilliant.

But I heard recently that one shouldnt use topical retinoids too often for they may increase the risk of tumor growth, so Im starting out on BP (Persol 2.5 % ) tomorrow, and I wanna gradually shift over to BP completely.

Ill post the changes.

well, one week later and my face is starting to get iritated already, especially my neck, and it burns when I put on cetaphil lotion (because my skin gets tight and dry after I wash it although within hours it's oily as a mutha). I can't tell if it's working cuz I'm getting hormonal and nothing can stop the breakouts from that.

I have been on Differin and Tetracycline for about 6 months now. At first my acne did start to subside with occasional breakouts. Then out of the blue my face erupted like crazy! It is aweful! I have continued to use it and still it remains awful! I want to try acutane ... but I'm not too sure if I should! eusa_think.gif

I'm just over three weeks on Differin Cream, and I'm very happy. I cleared up beautifully in week one, started breaking out in week two, but stopped at the end of third week. I haven't had anything new for a few days and my skin tone has improved drastically. Hopefully this keeps up...u can check out my log if you want in the Personal Regimen forum

I was on DIFFERIN AND CLINDAMYCIN for about 4 months. My face got clear and then broke out really bad. From that point on it just got worse. My derm told me to do the following:

~wash with cetaphil

~use aveeno moisturizer

~differin morning and night

~Clindamycin pledgets whenever I get oily (which is A LOT)

My face became raw and sensative tot he touch. It burned when I washed my face and would almost bring me to tears. My acne wasn't that bad to begin with I just wanted to clear up the few constant blemished I would get on my cheeks and forehead. My skin is 10 times worse then it was before ever touching the topicals. My friend told me taht the pledgets open up your pores and if you use it too much it will burn, that is EXACTLY what happened-as I started to notice my pores were insanely HUGE. I stopped both right away and my face gradually stopped being so irritated but not before it errupted with millions of zits and redness. Clindamycin appearantly can cause roseacea (found that on google) which I now have and I am using Finacea (15% azelic acid) and differin at night twice a week. It is taking time but my skin is clearing up. I am african american so I have lots of redness and darkspots from the roseacea but it seems to be getting better each week (on my 4th week). I don't use the clindamycin at all anymore and i have 7 refills left doubt.gif

That was my experience, I hope everyone elses is better.