Notifications
Clear all

Will TCA Cross really improve my pitted pore?

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 09/21/2018 10:55 am

Hi,
I have a small deep pitted ice picked scarred pore. Will several procures of TCA Cross really help improve this scar or is this acne scar procedure just a scam?

I'm an older person so I might need more procedures than younger people.

If it works, can anyone recommend someone in the NJ or NYC area?

Thank you for your help.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/21/2018 6:31 pm

No it's not a scam. But many do not understand the action and freak out. We are rasing the scar floor. As such your scars may widen, ... you will need multiple treatments with the end goal being a resurfacing weather by peel or laser for the texture. New wounds are red, so you may have to conceal them. If they are widespread and more of large pores fraxel can be hellpful. If you only have a few some do punch excisions.

Older people tend to heal slower, so be aware of all of this and consult with the Dr about treatment.

Our list of Drs in the faq - top of the acne scar sub.

MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 09/25/2018 5:21 am

it's not a scam, i had a deep ice pick/box car right on the tip of my nose that was making me super self-conscious. three rounds of TCA cross (100%) and i barely notice it now. if the scar is relatively small in diameter and has sharp, defined edges it will probably help you. make sure you consult with someone who knows what they're doing! it's a long road, but worth it.

oh yeah, i am nearly 50, was 47 when i had this done. healing was fine, i just took care to wash gently (so as not to dislodge the scabs), eat well, stay out of direct sun, etc.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/28/2018 3:05 pm

Looks like it can treat even deep lines, pores, pick scars. TCA CROSS is like any other medical procedure.
99% of the time its predictable, 1% of the time there are still failure rates, even in the best hands and techniques. In darker skin types, skin colour changes are present in 100% of cases, but will resolve within 3 months. TCA will outperform the newest and most expensive fractional lasers in this setting of deep scars- especially on the nose.

As for Doctors - Novick does this, Dr Phillip Young as well. As for the later, just be careful as to the up selling of other procedures. Young is capable of good TCA CROSS, but aggressive with laser treatments - general statement, and not specific. Emer is good at this procedure, but he WILL upsell - so be careful. A simple procedure like this that takes 2-3 minutes to do, can turn into a vvvvvvv expensive 10 K 'lets add laser, PRP, growth factors, Vitamin C, low level laser heal light treatments, and blend everything in with microneedling and Deep Fx then blend with an erbium laser.' Doing a lot of treatments will cause excessive inflammation, ...do you give prednisone after multiple procedures?' I think many Dermatologists are capable at doing a simple procedure, but a lot add to this, creating less than optimal outcomes. Sometimes less is more...

tomwaits and HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 10/01/2018 5:26 am

On 9/25/2018 at 6:21 AM, BloomingWasp said:

it's not a scam, i had a deep ice pick/box car right on the tip of my nose that was making me super self-conscious. three rounds of TCA cross (100%) and i barely notice it now. if the scar is relatively small in diameter and has sharp, defined edges it will probably help you. make sure you consult with someone who knows what they're doing! it's a long road, but worth it.

oh yeah, i am nearly 50, was 47 when i had this done. healing was fine, i just took care to wash gently (so as not to dislodge the scabs), eat well, stay out of direct sun, etc.

Your reply is very encouraging.... thank you.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:05 PM, Obi wan said:

Looks like it can treat even deep lines, pores, pick scars. TCA CROSS is like any other medical procedure.
99% of the time its predictable, 1% of the time there are still failure rates, even in the best hands and techniques. In darker skin types, skin colour changes are present in 100% of cases, but will resolve within 3 months. TCA will outperform the newest and most expensive fractional lasers in this setting of deep scars- especially on the nose.

As for Doctors - Novick does this, Dr Phillip Young as well. As for the later, just be careful as to the up selling of other procedures. Young is capable of good TCA CROSS, but aggressive with laser treatments - general statement, and not specific. Emer is good at this procedure, but he WILL upsell - so be careful. A simple procedure like this that takes 2-3 minutes to do, can turn into a vvvvvvv expensive 10 K 'lets add laser, PRP, growth factors, Vitamin C, low level laser heal light treatments, and blend everything in with microneedling and Deep Fx then blend with an erbium laser.' Doing a lot of treatments will cause excessive inflammation, ...do you give prednisone after multiple procedures?' I think many Dermatologists are capable at doing a simple procedure, but a lot add to this, creating less than optimal outcomes. Sometimes less is more...

Thanks for your input.