Notifications
Clear all

Are these photos real?

MemberMember
(@baronialfool)

Posted : 09/21/2018 2:35 am

Ive been a long time lurker of this forum and often times I find it hard to keep hope in scar treatments because it seems like a lot treatments don't work and theres no honest photos out there. I stumbled upon these and I analyzed the page and analyzed each specific picture for lighting and photoshop etc and to me it seems like these are legit pictures that show at least an 80% improvement. What do you guys think? Is it worth looking into this clinic.

Edit By MOD: Links to Advertising Clinics Are NOT Allowed Here

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@acnescar_gone)

Posted : 09/21/2018 5:21 pm

The first 2 pictures seem to be before and roght after since they are so red and swollen. I am not sure why the clinic put this kind of picture as after. They are not accountable

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/21/2018 6:08 pm

Pictures are a very poor way to judge acne scar improvement. Slight variations in lighting and angle could make a huge difference, not to mention post procedure swelling. It's important to find a good doc for this reason.

MemberMember
(@baronialfool)

Posted : 09/21/2018 9:54 pm

well they deleted my links even though I wasn't advertising anything I just wanted input??? so stupid but @acnescar_gone that same patient had pictures many months after where he wasn't red or swollen and the scars were pretty much gone and @FromScarredtoFree so how am I supposed to judge results? By people just telling me they got improvments? because if someone comes on this forum and says that got good results the first thing people ask if for them to post pictures. you make no sense at all

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 09/22/2018 1:26 am

Maybe you can save the pics and post those instead?

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/22/2018 7:26 am

Mongclinic. Google it. Then use translator and search b&a section. There are a lot of b&as. We discussed this clinic last year. They use different subcision techniques but nothing special.

Really strange that they deleted OPs links. We share doctors and clinics all the time.

MemberMember
(@baronialfool)

Posted : 09/22/2018 3:24 pm

@Candy Says would you say the before and after pics are legit?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/22/2018 5:09 pm

16 hours ago, Raster said:

Maybe you can save the pics and post those instead?

Exactly  (Copy - Paste), then we are not advertising a website who photoshopped or posts the best 1% of their pics, a known tactic by many Drs. There is no comparison to what is posted here and a website that's key goal is _____________. No one is making money or booking treatments off your care here (forums). Everything is backed by scientific data of the top 1% acne scar Drs who actually do these procedures. There is a reason I only say you will get 50% improvement after many treatments - ... treatment time. That is how the body heals. Some get more and some get less. It's a long journey, ... I am not promising anyone anything to make money and lock you into a package. "Unrealistic Expectations" are one of the biggest reasons for acne scar failure as stated in journals, promising glass smooth skin, and unrealistic results. We don't all heal the same or treat the same. This is why picture are a very small picture of the puzzle. Some people "buy cars" with pictures online, ... other's research more about the car, it's longevity, track record, specs, and functionality. They have to test drive the car first to make sure it's a good fit for them. 

BA

PS. @Candy Says Ask him about treatment, and his experience ... he knows from experience  nothing is 100% after doing "many treatments" over time.

"These were subsequently classified into 44 themes covering five main areas: physical comfort and functioning; acceptability to self and others; social functioning; confidence in the nature and management of the condition; emotional well-being. The majority of respondents were unhappy with their scar's appearance due to their perceived stigma and psychological associations, and thus adopted different coping behaviours to hide or compensate for them. Often this made them unsociable and interfered with their communication skills, personal relationships, work life and leisure activities. Concerns about the diagnosis and persistent nature of scars were common, whilst unempathic management by general physicians and frustrations of current treatment compounded distress." https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1748681508003951

"Patients with
unrealistic expectations should not be encouraged to undergo surgery ¦ operatively, 25% of the
patients achieved minimal improvement (<25% clearance) of their acne scars" -  https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f2ed/237acdff91b9147083b5b9f6019d793f512b.pdf