Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1) Seven Weeks

2) 40mg per day

3) Started off with a nasty initial breakout, but now with the help of Prednisone I'm starting to clear a bit. My co-workers said that I look great today biggrin.gif

1) 6 weeks

2) 40mg for the first 4 weeks, 60mg from then

3) Not bad, still have a long road ahead but my worst areas are definitely smoother and I break out less frequently. When I started my lesion count was something like 19, now it's 4! Much less oil production. Last week my dad said at dinner, "Those pills seem to be working, huh". smile.gif

Mae

5th month (final)

40mg 1st month and then 60mg the rest of the way

100% clear except for some redmarks

Initial breakout during 3rd week. Fully cleared by 3rd month

1) Started my 3rd month.

2)First month 40mg. Second at 60mg. Will be taking 60mg a day till the end of the 4th month.

3) No initial breakout. Perfect skin for the first two months. Now i'm starting to get a few new ones here and there.

4) Nevertheless, i'm happy.

1) end of 4th month

2)started on 20mg with 20mg/10mg prednisalone then 40mg, now 60mg...next month 70mg.

3)Really worrying first 3 months. (very worried it wasn't working) but somethings kicked in and i'm practically clear. Get small ones occasionally but they go within a day.

magical stuff.

(very good idea this btw biggrin.gif)

I've got an interesting query. Are initial breakouts more common in guys or gals? I would hypothesise guys...cos skin is thicker, therefore more likely to have macrocomedones and stuff under the skin. What do you guy's think?

About week 6.

40mgs twice a day

Started breaking out in 3rd week and hasn't really stopped. I too was told that the 3rd month would prove it was worth the breakout, so im still holding onto that hope. Over all my skin looks better, even if I am breaking out here and there because there is no oil left. This makes it easy to cover things with make up without having it slide off. I honestly don't think the breakout period has been that hard on me either, im pleased so far!

1) 10 Weeks

2) 60mg per day throughout entire course

3) Fantastic! Experienced a nasty initial breakout during 3rd week which has this week fully cleared. biggrin.gif

1) Beginning 6th Week

2) 40 mg. Supposed to go up to 60mg but not sure I'll be able to tolerate the side effects-- very dry eyes, lots of hair loss

3) I don't know. I'm not getting so much acne, but I have SO MANY white bumps under my skin that never come up, that the texture prevents my skin from looking very good. I'm not sure the accutane will make these go away, and that's really depressing me. I'm glad the zits are slowing down. I think I'm just a bit disappointed at the moment, and the side effects are getting me down..... berry

1) almost 3weeks

2) 80mgz

3) breakout in first week, since then they have been slowing down more and more

Elsa,

thanks so much for your reply... I've been really bummed out about it and I keep wanting to pick at them, but I don't. I've been hoping they'll surface and come to a head, but so far they haven't. How exactly do they remove them? thanks a bunch, berry

1) 11 weeks today

2) 40mgs

3) Breakouts have begun to finally subside, altho i have enough spots that are still healing, and of course a load of red marks. just hangin in right now and waiting for the awesome results that 4-5mnths will bring!

1. almost 3 months

2. 10mg twice daily

3. good-2nd time -except i keep getting fairly big zits on my forehead. my forehead has never really been a problem. i think maybe its my hair gel? my face has been straight for a while except for a scare from this insane zit i got right before i started roaccutane.

-i noticed my skin was much less oily within the first week.

1) 65 Days (Just over 2 months)

2)1st month-40mg ... 2nd month-80mg split

3)Working great for my body acne, definitely slowing it down. May be making red marks darker. I noticed it started working after the 5th week or so. Very few side effects.

I've another query....how old is everyone on here? I'm 27....which I think is probably towards the older end of the spectrum of 'taners. I'm not sure if there's any evidence to suggest that the older you are the less likely to respond...would be interesting to here peoples' experience.

Cheers

I'm 25 years old. This is my thrid time on Accutane and for some reason my most difficult course. I don't know why my skin is so tempermental this time. It worked best during my second course when I was 20. (no intial breakout, no major side effects). I'm only starting week 8, so time will tell I guess. I'm trying to be optimistic but it's not easy. I am very frustrated right now.