Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast West78

Perimenopause and Dry Lips

Hi. Has anyone here tried Waxelene? Since starting perimenopause I’m breaking out around my lips; the cystic breakouts have calmed down since I got my hormones balanced. Now it’s just tiny whiteheads but really bothers me, increases social anxiety and my dry lips make it uncomfortable to eat and talk sometimes. I’m also recovering from a 25 year battle with anorexia. My diet right now is very clean. 
I’m taking one fish oil pearl a day, a super B complex and a packet of Emergency-C to help with iron absorption.
i just want soft lips. Right now I’m using Clinique All About Lips (a kind of lip moisturizer which I have to reapply) and Carmex at night but I hate Carmex and want to find something I can use throughout the day. Using Carmex doesn’t hydrate my lips so if I use it all day my lips are actually drier so I’ve cut it down to once a day and that has really helped.
I've tried jojoba oil, sea buckthorn oil, Dr. Bronners lip balm, Mango Kiss lip balm, Aquaphor, Argan oil, hyurolonic acid and Burts Bees. Everything broke me out. Natural oils seem to aggravate my skin. 
Winter is coming and I’m scared. I just want my face back. I’ve even gone to a dermatologist; they were very dismissive and said to just keep using Carmex. 
Any advice would be helpful. Any recommendations for lipsticks or lip color would be helpful too. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes