Notifications
Clear all

ACNE SPOTS BLACKHEADS AND REDNESS ALL OVER FACE HELP!!

MemberMember
(@shyspareribs)

Posted : 09/19/2018 12:56 pm

Help!! My skin has erupted in loads of spots whiteheads and cysts as well as loads of little bumps with lots of redness. I used to have isolated chin acne (it was no where else) Even my cheeks were super clear- I feel like Ive tried absolutely everything from natural remedies to creams and topical treatments right now Im using the neutragena clearing face wash and the Liz Earle moisturiser and toner and I occasionally use the Barnier pure active face mask. I feel like Im at the point where Ive probably wasted 100s on treatments and it just goes in a circle:I get slightly clear and then bam Ive got spots everywhere again its so embarrassing. Im going to be 19 soon and I feel like I have the skin of a 13 year old its really getting ready down. Please can anyone help???

MemberMember
(@polyothix)

Posted : 09/23/2018 8:11 am

My assumption would be that this is from hormonal changes and is not related to anything that can be solved by OTC(over the counter) products. One thing you can start right away is drink mint water, mint leaf water is known to prevent excess androgen . Spearmint tea will also work.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585478 - Article about mint's effect on androgen hormones on people with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).

I don't want to scare you or overstep what should be said on this forum only to inform you, but a sudden and drastic change in hormonal levels causing acne can certainly be caused by PCOS. That is the condition discussed in the article I linked to backup my claims about mint's effect on androgen. There are many things that can cause acne but such a sudden and drastic change leads me to think something has changed internally and is not caused from external factors.

I would suggest you see a doctor and request a FSH and estrogen blood test. An OBGYN could diagnose PCOS but I feel a blood test would be less invasive but also help show there is a hormone imbalance. If you do decide to see a doctor do not drink the mint water/tea treatment I suggested as it will skew the results.
Hope everything works out for you.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/25/2018 12:18 pm

I agree, this could be hormonal, or it could be for some other reason. Definitely see a doctor or dermatologist at least for a diagnosis. Then you can come of with a strategy for treatment.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.