Notifications
Clear all

I'm a soldier with active acne and 2 acne scars that really affect my mood and confidence (PHOTOS).

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/18/2018 9:27 am

Hi,
I am serving In a special unite in the army. I had minor acne before but due to the pressure of joining the army, a new beginning in my life, and the lack of ability to keep track of my hygiene my Acne started to get worse and leave 2 noticeable scars that I can't stop thinking about them
I joined the army 1.5 months ago and since then (the form of the acne and the scars) my mood, confidence and attitude has changed dramatically. I'm feeling down all the time and also my family and friends have noticed that- it changed me in everything I do and it's in my head 24/7.
I go home once every 2 weeks and I started to go to a clinic that treats acne.
The treatment is only external and should make the acne disappear in a few months, but I feel like the scars that are left from the acne are the main reason for my change of  mood and confidence.
I feel so bad that after only 1.5 months I have these depressed scars that weren't on my skin before I joined the army.
In the clinic they told me that these aren't scars and that they should go away with time and everyone I ask keep telling me it's nothing and that they don't see any scarring but that's really all I see when I look in the mirror.
I am attaching pics of my face and scars. I know it's really a moderate acne but the scars (mostly the more depressed one on my left cheek) are so bothering me- the fact that before I joined the army (1.5 months ago) I didn't have these scars is driving me insane!.

Can you please check them out and tell me if these are depressed scars that are going to stay after the acne treatment or are they going to disappear  And if they are scars, what kind of scars are they and if I will be able to make them disappear (even thought I'm in the armyand can't for example keep the scars away from dirt and sand after a laser treatment).
LS4.thumb.jpg.f762c103b3230a8b0113053d09ca964e.jpg

RS1.jpg.e5cd5db034611bb819738fcb9d7a85da.jpgRS2.jpg.1aaf576c497c63470ccf4b938f9dfba9.jpgLS1.jpg.17d999dc4e65423a2e2a09d614b6d5e5.jpgLS2.jpg.350d3f7649400ec4f65d9ee954992453.jpgLS3.thumb.jpg.ae17095de482d75d9c1c6e7e732d92e3.jpg

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/18/2018 9:46 am

just added the pics:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/18/2018 10:51 am

Thank you for your service.

You have a few things going on.

PIE or wounding (redness) post acne is the number one. I would do a few sessions of Picosure if your ethnic or V-beam laser for this. Will help a-lot deal with the discoloration.

The only noticeable scar I can see in the pic, ... perhaps I cannot see them well. Scars make shadows and a flashlight is the best way to show them.... The left side pic has a young scar that is wide and might turn into a rolling scar.

Where the clinic is right is this can change over a years time as the body heals.

E-matrix a rf device is beneficial to young scars like this as they are still remodeling. OR You could do some low density last to that spot 3-7% desnity and the highest power or something like rf microneedling might help some.

I would be using retin-a/tretinorin/differin(OTC) nightly with a konjac and albutin cream. Stop before treatment.

I think the biggest treatment again that will help you is the PIE above vascular lasers.

If you wish you could do light peels like glycolic and or salicylic acid.

Wear Sunscreen!

BA

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/18/2018 12:41 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Thank you for your service.

You have a few things going on.

PIE or wounding (redness) post acne is the number one. I would do a few sessions of Picosure if your ethnic or V-beam laser for this. Will help a-lot deal with the discoloration.

The only noticeable scar I can see in the pic, ... perhaps I cannot see them well. Scars make shadows and a flashlight is the best way to show them.... The left side pic has a young scar that is wide and might turn into a rolling scar.

Where the clinic is right is this can change over a years time as the body heals.

E-matrix a rf device is beneficial to young scars like this as they are still remodeling. OR You could do some low density last to that spot 3-7% desnity and the highest power or something like rf microneedling might help some.

I would be using retin-a/tretinorin/differin(OTC) nightly with a konjac and albutin cream. Stop before treatment.

I think the biggest treatment again that will help you is the PIE above vascular lasers.

If you wish you could do light peels like glycolic and or salicylic acid.

Wear Sunscreen!

BA

thank you for the quick respond:)
The problem with treating it is that I just started with a very expensive acne treatment in a clinic (costed me 2000$).
the treatment should make my acne disappear and also prevent it from form in the future.
the treatment should take 6-1 year months (I just started with it 2 weeks ago).
In the clinic they told me that I must not put anything else besides the things they gave me on my face otherwise it might affect the results or even damage my skin even more.
it's frustrating me that I can't do anything about the scars and because of that and I can't keep the scars (there is a minor one on my right cheek but mainly the one on the left cheek) out of my head, and I feel depressed all the time, I don't want to go out anymore when I'm home from the army and my confidence and mood also kind of trash..
do you have maybe an advice to give me? what do you think I should do in my situation?

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/18/2018 7:10 pm

And also- will I be able to treat the scars after the acne treatment while I'm still in the army? (I might won't be able to keep them away from sand and dirt afterward..

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 09/18/2018 9:28 pm

I've heard many others say to take care of the acne first, prior to scar repair. I dont know what the general consensus is amongst doctors. It's rough having to wait...

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/19/2018 12:50 am

Hi, Almost everyone I know has at least one scar on their face. Thats totally normal. I have to wonder if perhaps the stress is getting to you and you are focusing on minor imperfections to in a way not have to focus on the things that are really bothering you. Thats just my 2 cents... There is nothing wrong with wanting to do things that improve yourself but I think that its so so minor and that you focus on it constantly makes me think something else is going on. I wish you peace. confidence and happiness!!

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/19/2018 7:11 am

6 hours ago, luvskincare13 said:

Hi, Almost everyone I know has at least one scar on their face. Thats totally normal. I have to wonder if perhaps the stress is getting to you and you are focusing on minor imperfections to in a way not have to focus on the things that are really bothering you. Thats just my 2 cents... There is nothing wrong with wanting to do things that improve yourself but I think that its so so minor and that you focus on it constantly makes me think something else is going on. I wish you peace. confidence and happiness!!

I actually never thought about it, these are some wise shit you said there:)
In some way it might be true, but I've always been taking care of my acne and it was something that was really important for me, but since I joined the army it feels like my acne started to spread and get worse, and it started to leave scars- so it freaks me out.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/19/2018 11:21 am

The services is known for different bacteria, and well stress,... just like wrestlers and those who are athletes have to watch out for the mats. You in the sun often, pushing yourself, food is not the best,... it's understandable.

@jack13

I would never spend $2000 to treat acne. You can get a hydropeel for a hundred something. Extraction by aesthetician is not that expensive. For many acne can be caused by diet or stress.

Sugar, carbs, processed, dairy, etc... Some try the elimination diet and go more produce and fruit route.

Some have fungal acne and have to try things like sulfur soap and or ketoconazole.

Your scars are minor to the cases I have to help daily. Seriously it's in your head. IF you got a few vascular laser treatments or picosure for ethnic skin types the reds would disappear and hel a lot. That is your biggest issue. Worry about scars when you get the acne under control. I don't know if the army allows low dose accutane, check on that one.

If you are depressed either get a therapist, or there is a app called talkspace which is cheap and you can talk about it on your smart phone. This is your biggest hurdle. I think this could really help you.

Yes I would do vascular laser, and or hydropeels. Get the acne under control.

Get a second/third opinion besides the one clinic your seeing.

Try Silicone gel on the scar on the left cheek, ... if it's older than 1 months.

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/19/2018 4:47 pm

8 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

The services is known for different bacteria, and well stress,... just like wrestlers and those who are athletes have to watch out for the mats. You in the sun often, pushing yourself, food is not the best,... it's understandable.

@jack13

I would never spend $2000 to treat acne. You can get a hydropeel for a hundred something. Extraction by aesthetician is not that expensive. For many acne can be caused by diet or stress.

Sugar, carbs, processed, dairy, etc... Some try the elimination diet and go more produce and fruit route.

Some have fungal acne and have to try things like sulfur soap and or ketoconazole.

Your scars are minor to the cases I have to help daily. Seriously it's in your head. IF you got a few vascular laser treatments or picosure for ethnic skin types the reds would disappear and hel a lot. That is your biggest issue. Worry about scars when you get the acne under control. I don't know if the army allows low dose accutane, check on that one.

If you are depressed either get a therapist, or there is a app called talkspace which is cheap and you can talk about it on your smart phone. This is your biggest hurdle. I think this could really help you.

Yes I would do vascular laser, and or hydropeels. Get the acne under control.

Get a second/third opinion besides the one clinic your seeing.

Try Silicone gel on the scar on the left cheek, ... if it's older than 1 months.

have you heard about BANISH?
I saw some pretty good reviews on them online.
Edit By MOD, We do not allow links to multi-level product advertising.

MemberMember
(@therealanam)

Posted : 09/19/2018 5:58 pm

Have you tried clean and clear continuous control? It really worked for me, i had tons of acne on my forehead. Took about 2 weeks but it's different for some people. Check with the doctor first though because some people get a bad reaction with it and they end up having a chemical burn on them

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/20/2018 5:31 pm

@jack13Banish is a multi-level marking campaign with photoshopped pictures and aggressive tactics. It's basically a peel anyone can buy, see MUAC under the acid peel guide in the faq- top post of the acne scar sub, with some other active ingredients for lightening. MUAC also has such a peel for far cheaper. This is the wrong sub to discuss acne, please see the main forum for that area. We treat scars post acne. Get a 2nd or 3rd opinion from a qualified Dr(S) regarding the causes of your acne and their treatment. Acne.org this site sells a acne program so it's not proper to discuss other competitors, which is considered marketing here.

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/20/2018 11:41 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@jack13Banish is a multi-level marking campaign with photoshopped pictures and aggressive tactics. It's basically a peel anyone can buy, see MUAC under the acid peel guide in the faq- top post of the acne scar sub, with some other active ingredients for lightening. MUAC also has such a peel for far cheaper. This is the wrong sub to discuss acne, please see the main forum for that area. We treat scars post acne. Get a 2nd or 3rd opinion from a qualified Dr(S) regarding the causes of your acne and their treatment. Acne.org this site sells a acne program so it's not proper to discuss other competitors, which is considered marketing here.

I understand.
but in generall do you recomand to derma roll with 0.5-1.0 mm derma roller to reduce the scars appearance or you think it's best to go to a professional dermatologist?
and also I didnt understand what you said about that the scar need to be at list 1 month old. Do I need to wait at list 1 month after a scar is formed before I start to treat it? Can you explain why?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/21/2018 7:07 pm

@jack13Let's prioritize some things. Your major issue is hyperpigmentation, ... but a bigger concern is you still break out. So yes getting picosure or vascular laser would be great to help with both issues. No I would not start microneedling while doing this as you could spread bacteria. Red wounds mean healing, ... this is PIE and a normal part of wound care. The body is very slow to heal.

1 month old is considered a young/fresh scar, even a few months, your body is still healing the wound you can occlude it with Aquaphor/Vaseline. Regarding your scar on the left cheek, ... it's a young scar I can tell. This is why I suggested silicone gel if it's been a month or so...to see if it fills back in. E-matrix is a great treatment for young scarring.

We can consider microneedling and or peels once you get the acne under control.

Have you considered low dose accutane, ... you can stop and start at any time.

Yes I would get a consultation(s) other than this $2000 acne program, that is rediculous again. One can do hydro peels, extractions, and or light based therapies for acne under this cost.

Let's worry about pits once we figure the other parts out. If you need subcision down the road, so be it.

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/22/2018 8:07 am

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@jack13Let's prioritize some things. Your major issue is hyperpigmentation, ... but a bigger concern is you still break out. So yes getting picosure or vascular laser would be great to help with both issues. No I would not start microneedling while doing this as you could spread bacteria. Red wounds mean healing, ... this is PIE and a normal part of wound care. The body is very slow to heal.

1 month old is considered a young/fresh scar, even a few months, your body is still healing the wound you can occlude it with Aquaphor/Vaseline. Regarding your scar on the left cheek, ... it's a young scar I can tell. This is why I suggested silicone gel if it's been a month or so...to see if it fills back in. E-matrix is a great treatment for young scarring.

We can consider microneedling and or peels once you get the acne under control.

Have you considered low dose accutane, ... you can stop and start at any time.

Yes I would get a consultation(s) other than this $2000 acne program, that is rediculous again. One can do hydro peels, extractions, and or light based therapies for acne under this cost.

Let's worry about pits once we figure the other parts out. If you need subcision down the road, so be it.

Thank you again for helping me out.
accutane is not an option since I am doing a lot of sport.
Can I do the rf treatment to reduce the scars and hyperpigmentation while I have active acne? Is it possible the rf treatment might also help with my acne? Or is it a dangerous treatment that might do more bad than good to my skin since I have little scars and hyperpigmentation and also because of the fact that I have active acne?

MemberMember
(@jack13)

Posted : 09/22/2018 8:43 am

Should I wait until the hyperpigmentation will disappear and give the scars time to heal by themselves before I decide to treat them or should I start to treat the hyperpigmentation and the scars right now for the best results possible?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/22/2018 6:53 pm

@jack13Please consult with a dermatologist or plastic concerning your issues. Ematrix is a viable solution for young scars. Picosure, your main issue is PIE is also a great treatment for you. Disappear, ... that depends on how your body heals,... it's a slow process. Depends how much it bugs you. you can always do some glycolic peels at home.

BA