Notifications
Clear all

People who've had 3+ Subcision treatments, has your skin improved?

MemberMember
(@jr2k17)

Posted : 09/16/2018 8:08 pm

I was wondering how effective multiple treatments of Subcision would be. About 4 years ago I had my 1st treatment and have been told I may need multiple sessions to see improvement.

I'm considering seeing Dr. Chu since he's being mentioned on the forum frequently. Does anyone know if he still does this treatment for patients? And how do I get in contact with him?

MemberMember
(@hahahoh)

Posted : 09/17/2018 3:23 am

Hi I havent but I am thinking of seeing Dr Chu after I finish my Accutane course.  I think he only pratices privately in west dermatology in Chiswick do.  If you do decide to see him could you let me know how it goes :)

MemberMember
(@mjjmands)

Posted : 09/18/2018 2:42 am

I have hade just one and i see maybe 10% improvement. Did u have better resultat?

MemberMember
(@jr2k17)

Posted : 09/24/2018 12:48 pm

On 18/09/2018 at 8:42 AM, Mjjmands said:

I have hade just one and i see maybe 10% improvement. Did u have better resultat?

Maybe around the same as yours that's why I asked if anyone who's done it multiple times seen drastic improvements.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/24/2018 12:54 pm

To be quite honest, No I haven't. The reality is the best treatments for acne scars have subtle results if you are lucky and most likely no results at all.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/25/2018 12:30 am

Tiny steps, in the correct hands the results will be noticeable. In the wrong hands 'no results'. Scar revision is not about the device, its not about the laser, or even the word ' Subcision', it is about who and how it is performed. Subcsion is like the term ' hair cut'- a procedure, an event, ... have someone who is capable and you get a decent job, ....have someone who is not, and the results are less than ideal. Remember, its who is behind the job that counts.

MemberMember
(@1orangedog)

Posted : 10/06/2018 2:43 am

I'm not new here, (i can't seem to log into old account but I have put up pictures in the past.) I am 1 week out from my fourth subcision.

My skin is the best it has ever been, the shallow scars are gone. I look in the mirror and its very noticable when the light creates that halo which hits the jaw and cheek (I hope that makes sense). It looks absolutely undented and smooth. I am amazed.

The skin tone is looking one colour - I am really impressed. If I can elaborate it is looking like the skin of Irina's Shayk's (all the one colour and tone).

The deeper scars have been challenging but it seems they are shrinking in size if that makes sense (these scars are on the cheekbone areas. It will be interesting to see how they turn out - I am swollen and bruised right now. I was drugged up on the last visit so he was able to be a bit more aggressive.

Dr Lim is my treating derm and he has used subcision and candle(?) lazer wand at the same time. I am also on a low dose accutane so I haven't given that up yet.

My treatments have been spaced out every 8 weeks.

My next appointment is in December and I believe it will be my last. He is recommending dermal filler for my temple area as it is a fiddly area and I have fat loss.

Oh and the other interesting tidbit is that I did have 1 dermal graft in the past (and at the time they didn't know the long term results). The Dr said he has had to release alot of them on patients who had them years ago as they pucker down. So that type of treatment is a bit old hat.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/16/2018 2:23 am

Going to Pr.Chu in November for Prp/MN/Sub/Tca spot. Will update in my thread.

MemberMember
(@botanied)

Posted : 10/19/2018 12:03 am

don't get discouraged. i've had it done about 3-ish times on each side of my face and my scars have improved by atleast 40%. i started doing cupping only the last few times and that really helped it.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 10/22/2018 3:10 am

I've had subcision performed maybe three or four times now for my cheeks which are predominately boxcar and rolling scars. Subcision is cost effective and can work really well for certain scars. In my case, I've seen improvement but can't quantify how much exactly. More often than not with acne scarring, it's multiple sessions that produce results rather than just one treatment/procedure so be patient!! :) I have no comments regarding your doctor of choice, but good luck. 

JR2K17 liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/22/2018 4:56 am

@shei514I looked through your posts, you have come a long long way. I note your initial scars suggest subdermal fibrosis, - due to the lack of hair follicles and anchored down- tethered look extensively on both cheeks. One of the most hard scar types to treat. Im not here to resonate praises about your dermatologist, but to say you are very brave entrusting your trust in someone who has to use extreme subcsion and lasers to treat your scars. Well done with your courage and your positive outlook in life. You should be proud. I wish you well, end please encouraged the discouraged, it makes a difference - as you would know. I wish you well.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 10/22/2018 5:43 pm

12 hours ago, Obi wan said:
@shei514I looked through your posts, you have come a long long way. I note your initial scars suggest subdermal fibrosis, - due to the lack of hair follicles and anchored down- tethered look extensively on both cheeks. One of the most hard scar types to treat. Im not here to resonate praises about your dermatologist, but to say you are very brave entrusting your trust in someone who has to use extreme subcsion and lasers to treat your scars. Well done with your courage and your positive outlook in life. You should be proud. I wish you well, end please encouraged the discouraged, it makes a difference - as you would know. I wish you well.

Hey thank you! And yes youre right - I have subdermal fibrosis and a lot of scar tissue that has to be broken downThanks again