Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shaymay

Retin a

I was prescribed retin-a 0.1% strength. I was given this as I apparently have over active oil glands and hormonal issues since I break out on my chin. I’ve only been using it once a week for about a month and a half because my skin is really sensitive. I broke out really really bad 2 weeks ago (worst I ever have), had to get steroid injection because it was so inflamed and she said to continue the Retin a. Plus the BP wash she gave me and an antibiotic. I used the Retin a again but I just feel like I am breaking out worse than I ever have and I don’t know if it’s from that or if it would have happened anyways and I feel discouraged from using this product anymore. I want to quit it but I don’t know if it’s the cause or not... any thoughts? I don’t know if it’s worth it even if it’s a “purging” phase as I only got 1 once in a while now it’s been continuously a new pimple (cyst like) for the past 2 frickin weeks

BP wash doesnt do jack I suggest getting a mild cleanser. For the retin A are you using the cream or gel? The gel is the one you should be using. For the jnflamed pimples maybe try retin A at night and benzoyl peroxide topical in the morning. Retin A can take 4-6 months. Thr breakouts your experiencing are IB which means everything under the skin is coming out.