Notifications
Clear all

scarred pores (pics Included)

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/16/2018 4:03 pm

20180128_123023.jpg.0569f9dd6b97a5cf0f7eba1d3fdded49.thumb.jpg.8544c541db11e139128d8f8e1c8a00d2.jpgI do have some scarring, but what I would like to help/correct the most would be my scarred pores. As I age they are starting to look worst like connecting lines and some sagging. I am considering either the 35% tca peel this fall or maybe an ablative laser. Not sure which. I have tried some procedures in the past without much improvement...so I thought if anyone has had any success with any treatments, you could point me in the right direction!!post-69723-0-59977500-1377990375.jpg.9a112598865d6c3283d0624c06415470.jpg

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/16/2018 9:49 pm

For some reason, some of my message got cut off:(
Basically I was just wondering how scarred pores get corrected if at all possible. My scarring doesnt really bother me anymore but the texture of my skin still does. Of the years I have tried treatments but nothing real worthy to report compared to meoney spent. I would love if anyone has success treating pores like mine with really any kind of treatment. I know that tca is out of the question as it would pretty much would have to be done on my entire face. I know lasers arent perfect, but if I could get maybe 40-50%improvement I would do it..referring to ablative lasers. Well hoping someone might have some good news to report!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/17/2018 6:43 am

As I recall you have Melasma, ... is this under control with hydroquinone/triluma meladerm with a .25mm microneedling treatment, 1064nm laser, and sunscreen. It can rebound again. Clear and Brilliant is another treatment and the above topicals can be used r again the microneedle.

Clear and brillant will give some improvement on the pores but it takes many treatments, fraxel repair is another option. you will get a % of improvement.

The peel can work, ... lots of down time, were talking a medium to deep peel. Goto a expert at this.Or a few medium strength peels.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/17/2018 10:58 am

Thank you for replying! With summer almost over my Melasma is back. I use Replenix sunscreen with lots of zinc everyday, but it always creeps its ugly head on me as I live in southern california and I do outside activities. I have just started back on triluma. I will be waiting until December for any treatment. I have considered a strong 35% tca peel, infini rf, or another laser for texture. Also, have some deep wrinkles under eyes that I think only laser could treat. My texture is kinda rough so maybe the Repair but Im also nervous about doing a strong laser for pigmentation problems in the future...but Im not totally against it. I will make an appointment with a plastic surgoen that my cousin works for for a consult but I fing DRs push you with what they have available. What do you think would give me the best results? Im not too worried about the acne scarring at this point. I would just love clearer skin , softeness, and maybe have my pores look more round and less jagged. Thank again!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/18/2018 11:25 am

@luvskincare13I would advise you to get the Melasma under control first. Some of this will deal with your issues. The laser channels will facilitate putting hydroquinone or other substances into the epidermis upper dermis and deal with this. Weather fraxel or clear and brilliant, etc... Goto a doctor who specializes in Melasma. You might want to consult since you are in Socal 3 doctors and see their opinions. Treatment can also trigger the Melasma so ongoing care has to be thought of when doing other procedures. Nothing is going to give you glass smooth skin, but your not expecting that, good. TCA peels could help with the Melasma and the texture, .. but I don't believe just one will be enough. RF needling can act like Fraxel to put actives into the dermis for Melasma and shrink the pores "a - bit" the same with using fraxel.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/19/2018 12:43 am

Thanks beautifulambition!!
Ive just started up with Tri-luma again so I will have to wait a couple months until Melasma decreases. Ive had the Clear and Brilliant but I gave up after a couple treatments because I didnt really see any noticable improvement. I thought I did at first but that could just be the placebo effect. I have considered the RF Infiny, however, I dont like the RF part and Im not confident that microneedling helps. I had tca cross a long time ago but again after a couple treatments I gave up. I might give it another go but I think mostly I have scarred pores with a few ice-picks ( correct me if Im wrong) so even if the cross helped with the ice-pics Im still left with a bunch of scarred pores. Perhaps if i can get control over the Melasma i might just be happy with my skin. If not, I will still leave these options on the table. Thanks again for the great information!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/19/2018 11:40 am

@luvskincare13Before recent lasers, ... the treatment for Melasma was ... TCA peels 😉 Give that a try with your regimine after you get things under control. Yes clear and brilliant is slow, .... you need like 12 of them, it's baby fraxel, but makes since in your case with flares. The advantage like microneedling is putting actives into the skin to stop the Melasma.

BA