Notifications
Clear all

Skin is getting worse

MemberMember
(@orchid567)

Posted : 09/16/2018 7:29 am

Hi guys
So recently my skin seems to be getting worse. Having bad skin is nothing new to me but over the last 3-4 months I have been getting more spots that just cover my entire face. I have tried various over the counter faces washes etc and retinoids. If anyone has any tips I would be grateful. 

ED5B0E85-257C-4F22-B303-33CF309452C3.thumb.jpeg.18f8cea15a3dde06608f38bb73d9fdf5.jpeg

MemberMember
(@lizsloves19)

Posted : 09/16/2018 1:27 pm

I would suggest using a combination of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and Differin (adapalene.1%) on alternate nights. Using a face wash with salicylic acid if you have oily skin or using a gentle face wash like Cetaphil if you have sensitive skin may also be useful. Make sure you are also eating a healthy diet with low glycemic foods, fruits, veggies, and omega 3s. I would say to give it a try for a few months to see if your acne improves. Remember that it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to see improvement. But if in a couple of months you haven't noticed a difference then I would go to a dermatologist. They can prescribe you topical retinoids and antibiotics that are much stronger than products found otc.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/16/2018 3:41 pm

I agree with the above poster. You may need a different retinoid and maybe some lifestyle and diet changes. Acne can be such a hard puzzle to solve but hang in there. What retinoids have you used so far.