Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JB06

Help with acne scars

Hey! I’m new to this forum and site but I would really like some help. I’ve struggled with acne for nearly 5-6 years and I’m glad to say that i no longer actively break out. However I have terrible scarring and I would really like some advice on what to do.
62CE8052-66D2-44A6-8955-349F7CB0A56B.thumb.jpeg.3eb6d96de0048aeef92832d521a04a10.jpeg2FCC0E98-78EA-422F-8CD9-3D7E71959C14.thumb.jpeg.5d65ed150dee22941492a338d9746c98.jpeg

You cheeks have all the scar types boxcars, rolling, icepicks. Minimal fat loss so these are superficial. 

I see a PIE with the reds, ... that is  the body healing post wounding from acne. This can take a year to clear (reds).

Use tretinorin/differin/retin-a and  a konjac and albutin cream nightly. Stop one week before treatments, until healed again.

Treatment plan. You need cannular subcision throughout the cheeks. They can do a "softer" HA filler if you wish or over diluted sculptra throughout the area. You will need 3 of them spaced out, top up when you need more filler. 

RF Microneedling  spaced 3 months apart (need 3 of them), you treat between sessions of subcision. RF needling stimulates the Sculptra.

The icepicks need tca cross, and the box cars paint-on/spot peel tca treatment, the bed of the boxcar is treated.

You definitely need a vascular laser for PIE/PIH reds/browns like Picosure or V-beam .

Finally you can do a few peels, a deep peel, or fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Treat when you have time and money, everything is optional,, allow time to heal, and space treatments - Drs rush them.