Notifications
Clear all

24 hour breakout from sugars??

MemberMember
(@pabloc)

Posted : 09/13/2018 11:24 am

Hi, I didn't want to join just to ask a question, but I can't really find an answer looking through the posts.

After 15 years of different levels of acne, I've finally got it somewhat under control (at 30).

I eat no diary, no gluten, little sugar etc. but the last few months I can't stop breaking out in tiny bumps or getting clogged pored on my forehead. They usually only last a day then disappear.I no longer get the inflamed type of acne.

After experimenting with the cosmetics I use, I thought it must be down to something I'm eating. The last two weeks I've cut out potatoes, fish and fruit and my skins been the best it's been in along time. I thought i'd start introducing these foods again to see what happens.

Yesterday I ate sweet potatoes. Today my forehead again has clogged pores that when squeezed came out without any problems and haven't left a mark, and a few tiny puss filled spots.

Can this breakout really be because of something I ate less than 24 hours ago?

In a way I hope it is, gives me hope I've found the cause but for my pores to get clogged this fast seems strange.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@aviva)

Posted : 10/09/2018 11:03 pm

Hi! Just a thought that popped into my head: if they are tiny pimples located on your forehead, have you thought about folliculitis? It is usually treatable by applying Nizoral/Head and Shoulders shampoo on them. I have the same thing + on my chest/back, and it got rid of it entirely. Hope it helps!

EDIT - P.S.: I personally believe that food can be processed that fast - remember I got a big cyst on my cheek after binging on white rice, in the same day. For me, that was enough "proof" and I tried to avoid that since.

Aviva

MemberMember
(@pabloc)

Posted : 10/23/2018 7:30 am

On 10/10/2018 at 5:03 AM, Aviva said:

Hi! Just a thought that popped into my head: if they are tiny pimples located on your forehead, have you thought about folliculitis? It is usually treatable by applying Nizoral/Head and Shoulders shampoo on them. I have the same thing + on my chest/back, and it got rid of it entirely. Hope it helps!

EDIT - P.S.: I personally believe that food can be processed that fast - remember I got a big cyst on my cheek after binging on white rice, in the same day. For me, that was enough "proof" and I tried to avoid that since.

Aviva

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking food can process that fast too. Two days ago I ate a few blueberries and a few grapes after weeks of no fruit, and by last night my forehead had a fair few clogged pores. I squeezed a few out and this morning theres no mark left. the couple I squeezed out today were hard little grains that came out without a problem.

I wonder if its some sort of intolerance to sugar in fruit and in the sweet potatoes a few weeks ago