Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Eating Disorders

MemberMember
(@weanedonpoison)

Posted : 09/12/2018 7:39 pm

I am sixteen years old and just started accutane last week (claravisbrand isotretinoin). I'm fully aware that eating disorders should be addressed before treatment via isotretinoin begins, however i have an undiagnosed case of anorexia, and for personal family reasons it is not an option for me to coome clean with my doctors about this at the moment, though i do plan to as soon as it's safe

I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of information is given to those who take accutanewhile suffering from anorexia.

I'm eating every time i take the medication, as directed, but ihave one pill in the morning and another at night andi get horribly sick every time i eat twice a day because my body isntequipped to deal with that much food at once. how much do i have to eat with my meds? i know fat aids the absorption of the medication and i should be eating a full meal with it or it may impact effectivenessor make me feel ill.

would taking it with a glass of full-fat milk be sufficient?

disclaimer:im not asking for anyone to give me any sort of input on my disorder, how i should get over it, how i need to talk to my doctor, etc. i just want advice on how to work at a healthy pace toward my self-directed recovery without compromising my acne treatment

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 09/14/2018 1:55 pm

Nobody but a doctor can answer these questions for you. Please don't play around with your health.