Notifications
Clear all

Better birth control option for me?

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 09/12/2018 6:44 pm

I used Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Tri-sprintec) for a long time and found that my skin was only clear during the sugar pill week. Then thinking that I needed monophasic, I switched to OrthoCyclen (Sprintec) and my acne still didn't clear up. Any suggestions for what may be a better option? Please please help... I'm so depressed with my acne and how awful it's gotten.

Thanks so much.

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 09/12/2018 10:07 pm

OHMYGOD THE SAME SHIT IS HAPPENING TO ME. My doctor put me on Ocella and I noticed that I would breakout really badly on the active pills and totally clear up on the placebo week. So into the third month, I quit. My skin was still breaking out a little but not nearly as bad as on the pill.

Its been a 1.5 weeks now and my skin has totally just like exploded. I am so fucking scared... I think it might be from the estrogen drop?? I just really dont know what to do.

I emailed my doc about a new pill so hopefully she can give me something.

FYI I cleared for about two months on Microgestin and then just started randomly breaking out. Is there anyway you can give me more information about ur time on Sprintec. I am nervous that I shouldn't have stopped Ocella.

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 09/13/2018 7:15 am

@19patel99I was on both for at least 6-8 months. It's possible that our acne isn't hormonal but due to diet and stress?

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 09/13/2018 10:46 am

I know that mine is hormonal because it flares up around my period and is deep and cystic. I also know its hormonal because I reached clear skin on Microgestin for around 2 months when all of a sudden I started breaking out again.

I have cleaned up my diet quite a bit, and although it has helped those nasty fuckers still find a way on my face. It has gotten worse now that I've started and stopped bc (my body is just out of whack) so I know that whats happening to my face rn is hormonal.

Did u immediately clear up when you stopped taking those pills? Have you considered a birth control with a less potent progesterone? Or maybe spironolactone?