HELP Cystic Acne an...

Notifications
Clear all

HELP Cystic Acne and dry sensitive skin

MemberMember
(@adultacne31)

Posted : 09/12/2018 2:16 am

Hi looking for help

im a 31 year old female, I developed light acne around my jaw at about 27 and it was treatable with Epiduo Gel.

BUT 12 weeks ago I started taking lithium and 6 weeks ago I ceased taking it as my acne got worse and thats a lithium side affect, stopping the meds did not help ( my doctor said its not lithum related or it wouldnt be getting worse) and over the past 6 weeks my face chest and back has erupted in cystic and nodular acne its worse literally every day.

i am unable to wash or moisturise my face as Im so ridiculously sensitive to over the counter crap,it brings me out in a rash around my mouth and chin.

Im about to begin Accutane and Im worried about the effects its will have on my already dry sensitive skin. I am seeing a dermatologist in three days, but very much trusted GP said hes quite sure Accutane will be the best option.

Is my skin going to dry out and burn even more?

i dont even know if Im making sense but I would love to hear from anyone that suffers from dry sensitive skin and horrendous acne.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 09/15/2018 9:41 am

Its definitely quite possible your skin will dry out more on Accutane, but Ive never used it personally so I cant say for sure. There must be something your doctor can prescribe, should your dryness get worse. When are you starting Accutane?