Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whyme?

Medium Depth

Im having a medium depth TCA peel on thursday...Will it reduce my future acne breakouts? Does it penetrate to the oil glands? Also will it permanetly reduce the size of my pores?

The answers to your questions are NO, NO & NO.... I usually do a 25% peel every six months and we do many TCA peels in our clinic, the results are great for sun damage, shallow to medium scars,hyperpigmentation and fine lines but we do not use it as an " acne treatment"

After your skin heals you'll be happy with the results, your skin tone will be smoother and fresher but it is not uncommon for a mild breakout to occur after the peel heals. Pores do not change in size, if they are kept free of debris they will appear appear smaller since your skin will be healthier. Good luck with your peel, I'm sure your skin will look great after it heals....you might be a bit pink for a little while after you peel. Be sure to use sunblock if you are outdoors !

Hmm... the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a TCA peel might be a good option for my very shallow scarring...

Thanks for the reply richard...i have one more question...if i have the peel done thursday after will i be healed by tuesday morning?

Im having a medium depth TCA peel on thursday...Will it reduce my future acne breakouts? Does it penetrate to the oil glands? Also will it permanetly reduce the size of my pores?