Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilboat

Is Tazorac still effective even when mixed with moisturizer?

Hey all,

Before creating this topic I did quite a bit of googling and searching on the acne.org forum for any answers about this but I haven't gotten as much information as I like. My question to you all (specifically users who have used tazorac but any retinoid experience is welcome) is if you can mix some of the taz with moisturizer (in my case Cetaphil cream in the jar) in your hand and then spread it over the skin and still receive the benefits? I've sent my doctor an email about this but I wanted to know what you folks think, the reason I ask is because last week I picked up my prescription for Tazorac 0.1% cream and have been using it on my body (chest and on entire back and shoulders) and I find that I am going through the 30g tube quite quickly. What I am currently doing is after my skin is clean I apply cetaphil all over my torso, then apply the taz in pea size amounts dotting around my body then rubbing it in. I understand the medicine is still effective doing it this way but I want to know if mixing it directly makes a difference. Sorry for the lengthy post. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes