Notifications
Clear all

What could this be?

MemberMember
(@lugerze)

Posted : 09/09/2018 1:43 pm

Sometimes after I pop a pimple, and I know it has been fully expressed (a little blood comes out), the day after, a white head forms on top of it, but its not regular pus. After I express it, it seems ball-shaped and semisolid, unlike regular pus which is a thick liquid; after being expressesed, a little hole stays, and it takes a few days for it to fully close.

So, my question for you guys with similar experiences: What do you think that is? Could it be white blood cells fighting off the remaining infection? Should I remove it, or let it be?

I'm partial to removal because I've read a few people say white blood cells destroy all cells in the infected area, even healthy ones, which might leave a permanent hole.

BTW, my acne was caused by Candida. I've been treating that, and as of right now I only have one blemish with these charactersitics, hyperpigmentation and some mild scarring.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/11/2018 12:25 am

Its dried up sebum thats been trapped in the pore. That small plug is the reason why your oimples hurt and whiteheads to form. If you manually extarcted a white head youll need to hear a pop or that plug to come out for white heads to stop forming.