Notifications
Clear all

Charcoal mask disaster!!

MemberMember
(@sjk92)

Posted : 09/07/2018 2:15 pm

Ok so on Sunday I decided to do a charcoal mask for the first time, my face already was not in great condition with dryness. So I left it on for about 40 minutes and peeled it off then moisturized. not even 30 minutes I started to see my face was getting flaky, dry so I went to bed. The next day i saw my face beat red, irritated, super flaky and dry. I showered and washed my face and moisturized and not even 5 minutes after my face goes back to being severely red, irritated and FLAKY!! the texture is super rough.. now its Friday and I'mreally concerned should i just leave my face alone for a few days even with it being dry and flaky? I'm really confused about this situation can someone give me advice on what i should do to fix this by Monday?

I had just switched the day before this over to using Cetaphil skin cleanser & Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer+ night cream.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/08/2018 3:14 am

Cetaphil cleanser is bad for acne users. Its main ingridient is sodium laureth sulphate which is a 5/5 in clogging and irritating acne. Your skin is constantly getting dry because thata dead skin unless you smooth out the dead skin out wuth a exfoliator itll continue to look dry. I dont knkw how bad your acne is, but if exfoliation is possible I suggest dling that and mositurizing. If your acne prone dont use masks especially if you have dry skin. Itll just make things worse bg making it drier than it already is.

MemberMember
(@sjk92)

Posted : 09/09/2018 2:49 am

23 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Cetaphil cleanser is bad for acne users. Its main ingridient is sodium laureth sulphate which is a 5/5 in clogging and irritating acne. Your skin is constantly getting dry because thata dead skin unless you smooth out the dead skin out wuth a exfoliator itll continue to look dry. I dont knkw how bad your acne is, but if exfoliation is possible I suggest dling that and mositurizing. If your acne prone dont use masks especially if you have dry skin. Itll just make things worse bg making it drier than it already is.

I have very mild acne, just dry & red skin issues, so Ive left my skin completely alone for past few days & the irritation has gotten much better but there is an insane amount of dry flaky ness

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/11/2018 12:04 am

Yea thats the dead skin pileup.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/11/2018 2:51 pm

Keep moisturizing, that can help with the dryness. Otherwise, leaving it alone is best. You can rinse it with water, or try one of the micellar waters if you want to cleanse it. Exfoliating can help with flakiness, but be sure your skin is ready for it. If it's dry, tryBeautyRx Skincare Advanced Exfoliating Therapy Pads, they have glycolic acid which is very gentle. Just wipe lightly, don't scrub.

Good luck.