Notifications
Clear all

Anti biotics

MemberMember
(@juuiceman)

Posted : 09/06/2018 11:08 pm

Been a lurker on these forums for a while and have read lots. I have my first dermatologist appointment coming up... Im 23 and have been suffering from acne for almost 10 years. It was not as bad when I was young but always had some cysts. My acne has changed a lot over the years... started mainly on one cheek when I was young- spread to my whole face really bad on cheeks first year of college- it then calmed down a lot only to come back worse for a while. That was about 2 years ago. Now it is still moderate-severe and spread on my face but its always worst on cheeks and then forehead. Ive always never trusted doctors medicine to much after being put on adderal at a young age and seeing people being prescribed pointless things. And also reading this forum has pushed me away. Im thinking that the derm will give me anti biotics and send me on my way... are these even worth taking? From my understanding they only work while you take them? Is this entirely true has anyone ever experienced or knows of cases where an antiobiotic cures someones acne even after stopping it? My next draw maybe Accutane but I am very afraid of the side effects especially hairloss... a Ive always had thick hair my whole life and am starting to see a bit maturing of my hairline... which I am already worried about turning full blown bald. Please help me people! This sickness is ruining my life.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/08/2018 3:29 am

Mm well with any oral medication there is always a risk with acne coming back after you stop same with Accutane. As for the side effects see id any kf your family members mom dad have genetics for hairloss. Second, you cant get Accutane cause you want it you first have tk go through bloodtests etc to see if yoir able to handle it. Accutane should be able to clear acne, but some issues people suffer is that it comes back year to years later, so id probably say continue acchtane even after your clear at a lower dose and slowly get off it. You could also change yiur diet by cutting out junkfoods, dairy, wheat and go gluten free.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/08/2018 2:21 pm

Acctuanne is a last resort due to the blood tests and side effects on the liver, try the antibiotics first I'm on trimethroprim antibiotics, but I tryed spriloactone Azealic acid tetralycline minocycline dianette erythromycin benzyol peroxide clindamycin dianette The pill. You can look all the tablets up on google, Salosylic acid is quite good.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 09/09/2018 3:11 am

I took antibioticslike a year ago, and at the same time i used epiduo which i continue using, and they cleared me up to the point while i have like 3 small pimples on my face, like really small. So yes they work.
MemberMember
(@juuiceman)

Posted : 09/09/2018 1:10 pm

9 hours ago, Duperele said:
I took antibioticslike a year ago, and at the same time i used epiduo which i continue using, and they cleared me up to the point while i have like 3 small pimples on my face, like really small. So yes they work.

How long did you have to take anti biotics... one thing Im afraid of is that like Accutane they are also very bad for your body especially at long term doses. And how bad was your acne before you took them?