Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Irregular periods help?

MemberMember
(@pikachu86)

Posted : 09/06/2018 7:59 pm

Hello everyone,

So I struggled with cystic acne all over my face and decided to go on the medication Accutane. I am taking a 40mg dosage and this is my 3rd month on the medication. I am also on a birth control pill as well. This month was weird... my period came a week early so I decided to skip my placebo pills( because who wants their period twice in one month)? Anyways, since then I have been "spotting" ever since its like my period is never ending. Its been about 2 -3 weeks now and I am getting concerned. Not to mention the color while bleeding is a dark brownish red. Has this happened to anyone else?? I see my dermatologist in a week but cant take being on my period for so long.

MemberMember
(@accutanejourney1)

Posted : 09/11/2018 5:12 pm

I am on birth control as well, it is my first week and my period was three days late and heavier than its ever been. I have always been able to wear a panty liner even on my second or third day. But today I bled through a super tampon in 2 hours which I have never done before not even over the course of 6 hours. I would call and ask your dermatologist because it does not seem that it is one of the listed side effects! Let me know.