Notifications
Clear all

Acne keeps coming back

MemberMember
(@mennz)

Posted : 09/05/2018 6:46 pm

Hey. I've had severe acne on my teen years (16-19), then I started the accutane treatment and it worked wonders. A year and a half later the acne started to come back, so I did it again. Worked wonders once again. Now, a year and half after that, my face is starting to break out again.

I quit meat when I was 16 years old and started eating a lot of soy. It was very stupid of me to not realize that this was what was causing (or at least helped to cause) my acne breakouts at that time. I can say that I know for a fact that soy is related to my breakouts because whenever I eat it, I get about 2 or 3 zits in the morning. Also, peanut, chocolate, etc and many other kinds of food like wheat causes my face to break out. Thought I might be missing some vitamins because of my strict no-meat diet. Then, I heard from a doctor I saw on YouTube once that sardines have a lot of Vitamin A and good amount of Omega 3 which are both good to deal with hormones-related issues and also helps with inflammations.

Now I follow a strict diet with very little sugar and lots of healthy food, avoiding grains and other foods that are known to cause acne in many people around the world.

Thing is... I'm still not completely clear... I'm afraid that whatever I do is only helping to mitigate the real issue here... I wish your help to find out what might be the cause of my issue with acne... I feel like anything I try only works for some time or not completely.

Anyway... this is it. Any help is appreciated.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/06/2018 2:51 am

Sounds good but it's not always related to your diet I'm afraid. It can be just to much oil be produced by your body (sebum) stress, hormonal imbalances can make it worse.tell me would you go on something called spriloactone? or trimethroprim? for strong acne.

MemberMember
(@mennz)

Posted : 09/06/2018 4:39 pm

13 hours ago, Michelle waldron said:

Sounds good but it's not always related to your diet I'm afraid. It can be just to much oil be produced by your body (sebum) stress, hormonal imbalances can make it worse.tell me would you go on something called spriloactone? or trimethroprim? for strong acne.

Hey Michelle. Thanks a lot for the reply!

Yea, I know it isn't always related to my diet. I have observed that whenever I eat some kinds of food my face tends to break out a lot but EVEN when I'm only eating healthy it still happens to a lesser extent. Already took a blood test to check my hormone levels and they're alright. I also work out six days a week... I don't smoke and rarely drink. I'm really puzzled as to why my acne is so damn persistent in coming back.

The only thing I took was Accutane during seven months. Twice.