Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brett

Ok everyone, please check it out....

Ok the regimen has always been working great for me, but the only problem is I get pimples around areas where I shave, especially my mustache area.

So a while back I bougt the "Gillette Mach 3 Turbo" or maybe it was just the "Gillette Mach 3" and regular Edge shaving gel.Well that hasn't worked that great, so someone here sugested "Gillette Sensor Excel" razor.

So I went to Walmart today, and looked for that, but they didn't have it.So I bought the "Gillette Sensor 3" instead.Do you guys think that will work well?Even if it's not the "Gillette Sensor Excel?"

Thanks a lot guys.

Probably better to use a single bladed shave, so that it doesn't shave below the epidermis. Having said that, I am a wet-electric user, so don't really have much experience with blades.

What is the "Gillette Sensor 3" then?And since I only bought it because they didn't have the "Gillette Sensor Excel" at Walmart, where else can I find the "Gillette Sensor Excel" at?

Man and I wasted like 8 dollars on this "Gillette Sensor 3" too.

Dan what is your opinion on the Gillette Sensor 3?I'm not using the Mach 3 Turbo anymore.

The basic difference is that the Gillette Sensor 3 has three blades and the Sensor Excel has only two blades. Two blades cause less irritation and less ingrown hairs than three blades.

Ok I will let you guys know how this Gillette Sensor 3 is working.

How many blades does the Mach 3 Turbo have?

I have had very good luck using an electric razor with The Regimen. I just wash with one of the soaps Dan recommends, then after waiting the five to seven minutes I shave with my electric razor before I use the BP. Then I proceed with the rest of the Regimen as Dan recommends. I find the straight foil type electric razors are the least irritating way to shave. I do not recommend the round foil razors as they irritate my skin.

I do not use any shave lotion. After waiting the five minutes, I find my face is in a perfect state for a dry shave.

I sometimes shave with a straight foil electric razor. They work well I must say. But I like to alternate between a manual and electric.

Brett- The Mach 3 Turbo has 3 blades as well but includes "anti-friction" coated blades with a lubricating strip of vitamin E.

I love single bladed razors cause they rid the skin of those dry flakes very well and doesnt irritate my skin. Other times I use electric but am afraid of the residual bacteria of my last shave being on there. Although, I rarely get acne in my facial hair area anymore.

Man I'm so confused.I don't know if I should go electric, or try and find out a place with this Gillette Sensor Excel razor.

Hey Brett,

If you having trouble deciding what shaving method to use, ask yourself if you have ever been able to use a blade razor three days consecutively without irritation or razor burn. I never have been able to do this. Always, around my neck, the skin becomes irritated. I moved to an straight foil electric razor and found that I avoided irritation. A blade razor gives you a slightly better shave, but if a blade means red rash and acne, then it’s not worth it. I own the Excel, and though it is a good razor as blades go, it irritates my neck - regardless of the direction I shave, or the length or gentleness of my shaving strokes.

With all respect to Michael66, an electric razor (I got one at Wal-Mart for $30) is a good deal cheaper than a Gillette Sensor Excel. A package of 10 blades for the Excel runs about $17 dollars and the razor (comes with two blades) runs about $10. With refills you will soon pay more for the Gillette. I have used my Braun (rechargeable) electric razor for years and I have never changed the blade head.

dude is your shave gel non comedogenic? i don't believe edge gel is. if it is not noncomedogenic, you should fix that before assuming it's your razor that's giving you breakouts

im so happy i dont have to shave ;o, im getting tho, im trying to avoid shaving tho lol. they sent me a mach 3 turbo in the mail for my 18th birthday last saturday. so that razor's not too great?