Notifications
Clear all

Is it REALLY worth continuing with water only regimen?

MemberMember
(@feelinblue)

Posted : 09/05/2018 3:56 pm

Hi guys, it's my first time ever posting here so I am not sure if this is the right board to post this on but here we go: 

So three weeks ago I was on my way to my holiday abroad, during airport security my face wash (Cetaphil oily skin version) got thrown away as I wasn't allowed to take that much liquid in my hand baggage. I thought to myself meh okay why don't I try washing with only water for the next week and continue to apply my antibiotic topical (chlyndamycin lotion). 

I noticed that during this time my skin was looking alright, I had a few pimples pop up but it wasn't anything severe and would usually come to a head within 2-3 days. I was thinking to myself whether it was the sun, beach, being away from home or washing with only water was doing this to my skin? 

Fast forward now, it has been 2 weeks since I came back from holiday and 3 weeks since I ditched my face wash and only washed with water but still applied my topical lotion. Although my skin was getting clearer and I wasn't getting that many pimples anymore, I noticed that my skin felt very bumpy and was full of these tiny white solid bits (milia?). These were very prominent around my forehead and the sides of my cheeks so I freaked out and then started using my face wash again  

Now I have no clue what to do, should I have completely stopped using my face wash and waited for a bit to get better results or did I do the right thing by using it again as my face was getting so bumpy. I'm planning on using the face wash only at night but I'm not really sure so I need your input 

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/06/2018 5:08 am

You do realize cetaphil cleanser has sodium laureth sulphate which is a major ingridient to acne. It rates a 5/5 in clogginv and irritating acne. I would ditch that cleanser and buy a basic cleanser like acne.org or anything thats non comedogenic. That could br the reason why your face isnt reacting negatively from stoping cetaphil.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/06/2018 6:21 am

a gel cleanser is the better choice for acne.