Notifications
Clear all

accutane journey 22F,10mg,45kg+ lpics

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 09/05/2018 11:16 am

Long story short Ive been put on antibiotic and  all those kinds of oral acne meds to no avail. My acne came with a vengeance at 16 and while I had managed to tame it down then with simple creams, it doubled over and came full force when I hit 21. Ever since then it started becoming worse to the point where my doctor suggested roaccutane. Im starting with a pretty low dose of 10mg... I wanted to ask my doctor to up the dose but I guess I shd see the side effects first. 

Ive done my pcos and depression test and Im finally clear. Phew. 

Before accutane : 
There were also some hidden bumps beside my nose and forehead... it was the worst my skin had been. I was using climdamycin and an anti bacterial face wash prescribed by my previous doctor ( not the one who put me on tane)
A3B2B82A-D2BA-4ACE-BCDD-EDB00DD91A46.thumb.jpeg.6c1247fdca6b5fe895797f996c56360c.jpeg

Week 1 
 Routine : wash face twice a day with cleanser from my tane doctor , reapplying aloe vera gel continuously in the day when Im home while i use a mosturizer and clindoxyl at night to spot treat. If I head out during the day Id only use aloe as a mask and then go onto applying mosturizer and sunscreen. Every 3 days i also spot treat with a clay mask for 10mins. I know I should try to be gentle but some whiteheads look really ugly... 

- just abit of dryness for lips and nose 
- my skin feels abit redder and rougher than usual
- i think i purged a little on the last day of the week? ... most cysts or bumps then have emerged into whiteheads and i have 2 new bumps but I hope they go down soon since I have a party this weekend.Wonder if that even counted as an IB ? Hopefully it doesnt get that much worse or any worse...
- I have 1-2 small new spots near my chin but i reckon its probably because AF is coming very soon :( 

Lets try to stay positive .... its bad enough you have annoying family members pointing out your acne sigh. 

95F788BF-BFBA-42C4-AD56-798F04564FDD.thumb.jpeg.46d7c61d8cf11846789a2ffd1526e745.jpeg

Not too sure what to do on the scarring but I™ll tackle those when im done with this course at least. Aloe has really been calming and helping my skin thankfully. 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/05/2018 12:14 pm

Hi I got put on trimethroprim antibiotics today went to my derm on Monday he needs to put u on a low dose first due to side effects with the liver. they told me also u need to wait 3 months to see improvement.best wishes

I think salosylic acid wud help ur scars xx

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 09/13/2018 9:40 am

Thanks Michelle! Yeah Im reckoning thats why Im on a low dose too.

So Week 2 update : 

AF came knocking and so did new zits YAY. To make it worse I think it was also when my skin started to œpurge because Id have new big whiteheads every day. Also I came down with a little flu right after the party I went to. 

No pics to update sadly because my phone finally died 2 days ago :( (hey was using it for a couple of years) and Im going to be getting a new one tmr or this weekend. Iphone xs anyone? Jk accutane has already eaten my wallet. Anyway  

Routine hasnt changed 

- well my lips have definitely started peeling abit and Im reaching for lip balm everday now 
- definitely purging and the time of the month pimples also came so it was eugh. The pimples near my nose last week came to ugly heads and i also have small whiteheads on my left cheek now
- i have this one big zit on my forehead, but its healing. Two new ones on my chin now though ugh. 
- i also have the area below my jawline and neck break out horrendously but now theyve healed atm theres only one small pimple there 
- theres some small little whiteheads above my upper lip, i wonder if its the new lippie I wore during the party which made it that way :( 

I find like Im breaking out abit more but the turnover of the zits are super fast? Well I guess Id have to get through this purging phase!! To everyone on tane purging, let™s brave it on guys. Hopefully this purging wont last very long...

I™ll start school soon next week so let™s hope my skin calms down before then.

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 09/16/2018 8:57 am

Still week 2 update:

I had a minor nosebled today :( I have a new phone now so behold! Horrendous pictures :) also I took this before I used mosturizer so its completely bare. I dont know which bravery potion I drunk today to even post this
3BF10114-9F6B-4773-A417-D774A3EC69EB.thumb.jpeg.5ece153f6ab215306c9e20dbb359dd19.jpeg

- Pretty sure Im still in my IB phase, have like 2 huge whiteheads on my forehead, one huge one beside my nose. The area below my left jaw became abit bumpy.
- Skin is prettty red and bumpy overall. Probably comedones coming out. Agh. 
- Maybe I was too positive :( oh well the only good news i guess is Im breaking out lesser than a few days ago? 

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 09/20/2018 7:27 am

B30126CC-1D06-47EC-9061-F707238DE326.thumb.jpeg.4d40bc2018c254840f30c4ed350d2d08.jpegWeek 3

After a review and a blood test my doc decided to up my dose to 20mg now and suddenly I HAVE LIKE AN EXPLOSION OF PIMPLES It™s only been 3 days in since my dose upped but man my skin now feels like sandpaper with comodones coming to the surface. 

I have small spots near my upper cheek which have like white and yellow heads and one big one above my eyebrow. have a bump here and there too... Oh god I look really bad I dont even want to go to school tomorrow... Uggghh it feels REALLY depressing to take a picture but oh well :™) 

As you can see gloriously breaking out 

MemberMember
(@trishna)

Posted : 10/25/2018 11:50 pm

Hey Alice,
How are you doing now?
My dose is also upped from 10 to 20 after 2 weeks. It's been couple of days I am on 20. no major side effects other than dry lips.