Notifications
Clear all

Just took my first accutane pill.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/05/2018 9:04 am

Im on 40MG a day. 1 in the morning and 1 at night. Im scared for the ib because i already look like shit , and They say the ib will make you breakout 2 to 3 times more.. i will for sure call sick from work. Lol. When did you guys see the side effects? Like dry lips and skin? My goal is to get clear by next year summer. im 24 btw and still getting terrible acne on my face and back. 

Thanks for reading. :)

MemberMember
(@measuring-tool)

Posted : 09/05/2018 10:08 am

Exciting~, right?! ^_^

If you can get away with taking time-off from work, then I recommend you do so. It's important to keep your job, but also not to put too much strain on yourself through anxiety and depression caused from having acne; sometimes you can end-up in a no-win position.

The dryness will probably be noticeable after a few days (you'll just start to lick your lips a bit, as they begin to dry out). The initial breakout can occur anytime between a couple of weeks from now, and several months from now, depending on the severity and type of your acne.

Krackkid liked
MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/05/2018 10:21 am

48 minutes ago, Measuring Tool said:

Exciting~, right?! ^_^

If you can get away with taking time-off from work, then I recommend you do so. It's important to keep your job, but also not to put too much strain on yourself through anxiety and depression caused from having acne; sometimes you can end-up in a no-win position.

The dryness will probably be noticeable after a few days (you'll just start to lick your lips a bit, as they begin to dry out). The initial breakout can occur anytime between a couple of weeks from now, and several months from now, depending on the severity and type of your acne.

Thanks, yes! its exciting! Despite all the side-effects it can give, I wanted to do it. Im 24 and I still got acne. Tryed everything from changing diet, going vegan etc, but nothing. So Accutane as the final boss for the acne. :P And I am actually happy summer is over so by next summer I hope to wake up to a clear skin.. that would be insane to be acne free. :P

What would be a good moisturizer I should use now im on accutane? I use cetaphil SPF30 moisturizer but that burns my eyes so bad. :( 

Is 40 MG a day a high dosage to start with? or is that normal?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/06/2018 5:11 am

Thats normal and I suggest when you get clear not to stop right away and lower the dosage for a few months and keep dying it down and stop as with Accutane users acne can return from a few years from when they stopped.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/08/2018 6:51 am

On 6-9-2018 at 12:11 PM, VulneraryRain said:

Thats normal and I suggest when you get clear not to stop right away and lower the dosage for a few months and keep dying it down and stop as with Accutane users acne can return from a few years from when they stopped.

Thanks.

Im on Day 4 now and I dont have any side effects yet. When should I start to get dry skin and lips? I do get some more acne,but I'm not sure if that is because I have acne, or because of accutane.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/09/2018 8:07 am

On day 5 and seems like I'm getting the ib. Hopefully it doesn't last long. :(

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/11/2018 12:07 am

Side effects should occur duribg the 1 or 2nd week. Yea, like I said acne becomes worse before it gets better youd probably have to auffer 2-3 months while 4-6 itll start getting better. The time really depends on you though.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/11/2018 3:21 am

3 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Side effects should occur duribg the 1 or 2nd week. Yea, like I said acne becomes worse before it gets better youd probably have to auffer 2-3 months while 4-6 itll start getting better. The time really depends on you though.

2 or 3 months is a nightmare. That's going to be the worst time of my life lol.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/11/2018 4:17 pm

Sadly thats how acne usually goes away for the most of us even with topicals acne tend to get way worse befire it gets better.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/12/2018 12:57 am

Today I am officially a week on accutane. No dry lips, only my skin is really dry where most of my acne is. I also got my ib on day 4. :) 

EDIT: My lips are getting more dry and dry. But its not to a point where its like bleeding or flaking.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/13/2018 7:48 am

Seems like my acne is calming and going down, and lips are dry as fuck right now.

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/14/2018 5:56 am

Day 9 and I am breaking out again, it's always on my chin, someone knows why?

MemberMember
(@krackkid)

Posted : 09/15/2018 4:25 am

Day 10 and I am calming again. xD Such a rollercoaster ride.