Notifications
Clear all

Are Infini grid marks permanent?

MemberMember
(@firmmedicine)

Posted : 09/04/2018 2:06 pm

I did an infini treatment about 4 months ago and everything healed up fine except one spot on my cheek left a grid appearance from the needles. It left a bunch of little tiny holes in the shape of square. The holes aren't deep and I don't believe they are scars so I don't know exactly what to classify them as. Has anyone else had this from infini? Will it go away or do I need to seek treatment to remove it? And is there any treatment that can remove it completely?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/05/2018 5:24 am

Things like swelling and redness are not side effects but expected. This is the skin remodeling.What is concerning is your post 4 months. I have seen this before and it's either a slow healer, or poor technique by the practitioner. The practitioner must always see if there are any underlying conditions examples are staph infection, cold sores, or auto immune like diseases to complicate treatment.

Grids can be there if the pulse duration was too long, power was supper high or not appropriate for your skin type, or if the treatment was superficial. Operator error like needles taken out and the pulse given in the wrong spot, ... it's a powerful tool. If there is carbon build up on the needles it can prevent penetration. In rare cases they happen for no known reason. 1927 Fraxel or Clear and Brilliant can help with this. I have also seen some use a mild peel like glycolic and get some improvement prior to going to a practitioner.

Are you using nightly retin-a/tretinorin/differin and a konjac albutin cream. This is important. See what that does. Stop prior to any treatment one week until healed again.

MemberMember
(@grandor)

Posted : 09/06/2018 10:01 am

Grids from intracel lasted quite a while for me, several months for sure - but they faded with time. How visible are the grids to other people? It may be that you are zooming in way too much in the mirror - if so, don't worry, they will fade

MemberMember
(@firmmedicine)

Posted : 09/06/2018 3:59 pm

@grandor how many months afterwards do u think they lasted? And did they fade completely? I don't think most people would notice because they just look like tiny pores but they really bother me because I was already fed up with the scars and now those just make them look worse

MemberMember
(@sofaki90greece)

Posted : 03/16/2019 9:03 am

I aggre with you

On 9/6/2018 at 11:59 PM, FirmMedicine said:

@grandor how many months afterwards do u think they lasted? And did they fade completely? I don't think most people would notice because they just look like tiny pores but they really bother me because I was already fed up with the scars and now those just make them look worse