Notifications
Clear all

What type of scarring do I have and what would be the best treatment?

MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 09/03/2018 7:46 am

I know i have some ice pick scarring, i have read the acne scarring thread but boxcar and rolling scars look similar to me so i am not sure which one I have.

I have heard about dr tony chu and his work with subcision would i benefit from something like this?

Snapchat-1770893990.jpg

Snapchat-1204383579.jpg

Snapchat-1647068420.jpg

Snapchat-209907211.jpg

Snapchat-1646332679.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/03/2018 8:39 am

Yes you have all scar types, icepicks, rolling scars with fat deficiency on the cheek and boxcars.

Yes goto Dr Chu he has a standard set of treatments for scars: subcision +prp, tca cross, and microneedling. You will need several treatments.

If you are not getting the volume correction you need find a local practitioner to inject HA filler after subcision.

RF needling may also help you further Or CO2 3-7% low density and the highest power to the scars if Chu's treatments don't give you enough. Treat as you have time and money, ... 3 months between treatments.

Umar99 liked
MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 09/03/2018 2:50 pm

I have a smaller scar like yours on your right cheek and both of times i went to Chu he didnt subcise it.I asked him to subcide it and he told me it needs tca.So he did tca cross,but i think with subcision i would have said bye bye on that scar.I dont know if he will subcide your cheek scars.

MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 09/03/2018 4:00 pm

1 hour ago, tasinhoooo said:

I have a smaller scar like yours on your right cheek and both of times i went to Chu he didnt subcise it.I asked him to subcide it and he told me it needs tca.So he did tca cross,but i think with subcision i would have said bye bye on that scar.I dont know if he will subcide your cheek scars.

Did the TCA cross help reduce your scars?

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 09/03/2018 5:56 pm

This time tca cross was left more time on my face.I cant really see such a big difference yet on that scar,but overall it helps.I thinkyou should proceed on subcision and HA filler.Can you send this pics on dr Chu and ask him if he will subcise them?If you decide to visit Chu,select tca cross+subcision+prp+dermapen treatment package,its in the same price with only subcision+prp.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 09/04/2018 6:30 am

12 hours ago, tasinhoooo said:

This time tca cross was left more time on my face.I cant really see such a big difference yet on that scar,but overall it helps.I thinkyou should proceed on subcision and HA filler.Can you send this pics on dr Chu and ask him if he will subcise them?If you decide to visit Chu,select tca cross+subcision+prp+dermapen treatment package,its in the same price with only subcision+prp.

Hi, where can i contact Dr Chu?

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 09/04/2018 7:57 am

@incepticon i sent you a private message

MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 09/05/2018 4:54 am

20 hours ago, tasinhoooo said:
@incepticon i sent you a private message

how much is a consultation with him? And how much was the treatment

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 09/05/2018 3:29 pm

@Umar99330

MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 01/18/2019 8:16 am

On 9/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, beautifulambition said:

Yes you have all scar types, icepicks, rolling scars with fat deficiency on the cheek and boxcars.

Yes goto Dr Chu he has a standard set of treatments for scars: subcision +prp, tca cross, and microneedling. You will need several treatments.

If you are not getting the volume correction you need find a local practitioner to inject HA filler after subcision.

RF needling may also help you further Or CO2 3-7% low density and the highest power to the scars if Chu's treatments don't give you enough. Treat as you have time and money, ... 3 months between treatments.

I am getting treatment in february having had a consultation in december but prof chu said I dont have any ice pick scarring which is weird as it looks like i have.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/18/2019 8:50 am

@Umar99I choose not to battle Chu (Some say:tomayto, tomahto). He is prestigious in his 10 year as a professor and dermatologist. If he chooses to ignore a scar type, call it something different, or says you mainly have XYZ scar type so be it. I feel it's unproductive to challenge him. Let him do his package for scars. He has done this treatment for years. IF you need further treatment after several you can go elsewhere for energy devices and or filler. He is good at what he does, ... the basics of scar work -"manually" at a affordable price without much fuss. At least he does not blast you with a laser when you walk in the door. To him your icepicks are not a major concern which I agree. I have to be very through when I give a recommendation. 90% of people only do a treatment or a few and call it good if they see some good results compared to the before scars. One of course can spend a long time on a detailed plan. Easy baby steps, stay with Chu and then move onto someone else if you need more.

MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 02/05/2019 10:34 am

On 1/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, beautifulambition said:

@Umar99I choose not to battle Chu (Some say:tomayto, tomahto). He is prestigious in his 10 year as a professor and dermatologist. If he chooses to ignore a scar type, call it something different, or says you mainly have XYZ scar type so be it. I feel it's unproductive to challenge him. Let him do his package for scars. He has done this treatment for years. IF you need further treatment after several you can go elsewhere for energy devices and or filler. He is good at what he does, ... the basics of scar work -"manually" at a affordable price without much fuss. At least he does not blast you with a laser when you walk in the door. To him your icepicks are not a major concern which I agree. I have to be very through when I give a recommendation. 90% of people only do a treatment or a few and call it good if they see some good results compared to the before scars. One of course can spend a long time on a detailed plan. Easy baby steps, stay with Chu and then move onto someone else if you need more.

Hi I had my first round of subcision/dermapen/TCA cross today, I apologise as I know you get this question a lot but upon searching for other posts it is still not clear to me. I read about the suction method after subcision from the sticky thread. I ordered a Chinese cupping set like you recommended. What exactly is meant by passes does this mean you have to pump and move at the same time. Also do you pump all over your skin or just the area that went under subcision.

I replied here instead of private message so people can refer back to this post in the future.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/05/2019 10:50 am

@Umar99Basically you suction the scar, you want the smallest cup that will fit over it. If not you can over lap. Passes are a way of designating the whole scar is suctioned during that time. So if it's a large scar of course you might have to do a few overlapping suctions to do a full pass of the scar. You do NOT want to bruise yourself overly. I get emailed this constantly. Guys with bright bred bruises asking if it's ok if they keep doing it. While you will bruise a bit we are not trying to hurt you. So go at a lower suction amount if it hurts, do not do it until the skin is healed after the subcision, for some that's a few days. If a bump develops, stop until the bump goes down, massage the area in this case. You do cupping for about 3 weeks to a month. Try to do it a few times a day with some light pressure - we don't need the full amount from putting the handle, we don't want to have the scars re-attach right. More of the protocol is in the FAQ, pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub, find subcision section.

You are only treating the tiny scar with a small of a cup as possible. Some kits have huge cups.

IF anyone want's to make me a youtube video of Chinese cupping / suctioning I will include it in the FAQ so other's can see.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Umar99 liked
MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 02/05/2019 1:04 pm

Thanks for the swift reply, when you say do it at night you're referring to the application of retinoids right not cupping at night? Can I apply differin instead of tretenoin as I already have differin, you need a dermatologist prescription for tretenoin in UK. Also do you recommend vaseline or triple antibiotic cream for the scabs, I don't have triple antibiotic cream so I will have to order it online and wait for it. Also is a moisturizer with SPF enough protection.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:10 am

@Umar99Night - Yes only referring to the lower part tretinorin, and treatment to prevent hyperpigmentation.

Cupping you can do a few times throughout the day and or night. It's flexible.

Oh yes Differin is fine 😉 IF you can't find something use that brand above Dermatica it's a customized mail thing for this type of thing, but I am sure your fine without it. The reason I mention it is because Derms do the scrip for a combo cream for everything.

Vaseline is fine... that is a part of triple, Triple Antibiotic has some minor well antibiotics but it's not necessary really. Don't order anything special, your fine with basics.

Not typically moisturizer with SPF, but you can do that for now and be fine. When your start treating your skin will be more sensitive.

Umar99 liked
MemberMember
(@umar99)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:50 am

Okay, I checked out the dermaticawebsite you recommended they offer tretinoin +hydroquinone for 20 per month. Do you think it is worth the investment and should I wait for the bruising to go down before ordering as I cannot tell if I have PIH/PIE due to the treatment? I did have it before the treatment though. Also how long should I wait after the treatment to use differin ortretinoin?

I ordered altruist 30 SPF sunscreen which is a combo of mineral and chemical.

I cannot thank you enough for your advice as Dr. Chu didn't tell me anything about post-treatment skin care.

EDIT: Dermatica told me to wait a week and resend them pictures before they will prescribe me tretinoin + hydroquinone.

Also the smallest cup from my cupping set is still bigger than individual scars.