Notifications
Clear all

Is my TCA Cross Healing Ok?

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 09/02/2018 9:03 pm

Hello everyone.
I went to the dermatologist 5 days ago and she wanted to try some TCA Cross on my forehead. It was an on the spot decision and now I'm pretty concerned about how it's looking. She wanted to go light at first, so she used 30%.
At first the scars really didn't look much different (just a bit pink) but a couple days later they started turning really red. She told me to make sure the scabs didn't fall off.  I've been gentle, but when I got out of the shower this morning I could tell whatever tiny scabs were on there did fall off. Now I'm really nervous, especially about the linear scar. It looks so much bigger (though the depth looks the same). It's only been 5 days so I have my fingers crossed.
Can anyone share their experience with this?

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/03/2018 7:43 am

This is healing fine, ... completely normal. Cross scars take a long time to heal.

Remember cross makes the scar bigger, ... you need multiple sessions, then your do a peel or a erbium laser resurfacing. Your raising the scar bed. Yes never shower onto the face, splash instead with the hands. You can put some vaseline or moisturizer if you wish to pits.Conceal the red.

BA

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 09/05/2018 1:22 pm

Thanks BA; that was very helpful.
It's looking better. I'll update this in a few weeks in case anyone is interested in TCA Cross. I'm not really expecting much from one treatment but I'm hopeful.

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 09/24/2018 7:22 pm

179B8CC8-890F-45D3-9074-33F490AD54E8.thumb.jpeg.c6094b3ba427f76965d81111757b9cca.jpegI went back to the dermatologist today, and took an after picture in the same harsh flourescent lighting. This time I took the picture with my front camera for more detail.  I do think the TCA Cross helped a bit, especially on the scar near the middle of my forehead. It looks a bit smaller to me. Before & afters really help me so I thought I™d pass along. I™m going to do some more TCA cross next month.
Let me know if you have any questions. 

Sorry, here™s the picture from today. 

swen liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/25/2018 12:25 am

TCA Paint, vertical microneedling with Saline, low density angled CO2. Conservative and focal.
Wait 3 weeks, re treat with microneedling 8 units Botox to scars by a good scar expert, then repost
2 weeks later. All the best.

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 09/25/2018 8:11 am

7 hours ago, Obi wan said:

TCA Paint, vertical microneedling with Saline, low density angled CO2. Conservative and focal.
Wait 3 weeks, re treat with microneedling 8 units Botox to scars by a good scar expert, then repost
2 weeks later. All the best.

Thanks. I'm going to do micro needling soon. I'm not sure if I'm prepared for CO2 Laser.
I've never heard of Botox for scars--will have to look into that.
By the way, this isn't my only scarred area- my cheeks are worse with a few rolling scars. I wear bangs so we thought the forehead would be a good test spot.

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 11/06/2018 2:28 pm

This is very small progress but I still thought I would share it. I had botox in my forehead (and btw my eyebrows) last week (mostly for wrinkle prevention) but it did actually help the linear scar in the middle of my forehead a little bit. I guess with how my forehead creases when I raise my eyebrows, now that I can't really move my forehead, the scar has relaxed. I'd recommend Botox for people with forehead scars.. it's worth a shot. 
I'm going to continue with TCA at my next derm appointment, but we're about to go on vacation and I didn't want to have scabs. Hope everyone is having a good day:)fhprogress.jpg.4d32a70d22d37b74d1f38bfae52ac363.jpg

swen liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/10/2018 7:43 am

I wish I would have your skin on the forehead...