Notifications
Clear all

Weird skin condition

MemberMember
(@jetdegree)

Posted : 09/01/2018 6:23 am

Hello everyone  *(Picture attached)*
I've been battling with this wired type of skin / facial hair on my chin for a long time (1 year). I personally believe that it's caused by harsh products that I've been using. Before my summer holiday I completely stopped using any skin care products, except for a moisturizer (that isn't harsh). I hoped that this would allow my skin to heal, but after some time I can conclude that it's hasn't changed.

My description of the condition: 
After using harsh products, my skin is very dried out. If you zoom in on the picture, you will also be able to see that my skin flaky. The flakiness is under the skin and when I push out my chin with my tongue, I'm able to see my being flaky many layers down.

This flakiness won't stop and just keeps on coming (even when I moisturize it). Every morning I wake up, I have dead skin sitting on top of my face. I think this very dry skin leads to a higher sebum production, which is why my facial hair is covered in a white substance. (it could maybe also be dead skin attaching to the facial hair)? 

I should also mention that I can't use any products that stay on my skin (like moisturizers / creams). Everything I've tried, causes my pores to clog. I personally believe that's linked to the skin condition. I'm only using a moisturizer right now because I want my skin to heal. You can also see that I've gotten soe whiteheads.

What I've tried:
Shave it off: Comes right back
Exfoliate: Makes it even worse and mor dry
Moisturize: Surely helps with the dryness, but doesn't make it go away. 

Help
If anyone knows more about this wired skin condition or can I help, I would appreciate it alot! I'm super tired of being unconfident because of my skin. 

Billede 01-09-2018 12.28.04.jpg

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/01/2018 9:51 pm

Those thibgs that you are seeing are clogged pores caused by dry skin. Firstly, you need to find a cleanser/moisturizer thats no comedogenic. Second, what I usually do is take a shower washing hair, scrubbing body and occasionally rinsing face in thr water by the time you have your face left I put cleanser on my face then wash a littlr bit away, but theres still some product on face then I use my handa to exfoliate my skin after that put a moisturizer then the acne medication. The reason why the moisturizer is causing ykur skin to clog is because your applying it over dead skin. Cleanser from acne.org moisturizrr eucerin 5% urea dry relief face cream its sold only on ebay from UK may take few weeks so stock up. The eucerin is the onky moisturizer that prevented my skin from feeling dry.

JetDegree liked
MemberMember
(@jetdegree)

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:18 am

5 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Those thibgs that you are seeing are clogged pores caused by dry skin. Firstly, you need to find a cleanser/moisturizer thats no comedogenic. Second, what I usually do is take a shower washing hair, scrubbing body and occasionally rinsing face in thr water by the time you have your face left I put cleanser on my face then wash a littlr bit away, but theres still some product on face then I use my handa to exfoliate my skin after that put a moisturizer then the acne medication. The reason why the moisturizer is causing ykur skin to clog is because your applying it over dead skin. Cleanser from acne.org moisturizrr eucerin 5% urea dry relief face cream its sold only on ebay from UK may take few weeks so stock up. The eucerin is the onky moisturizer that prevented my skin from feeling dry.

Thank you for sharing some knowledge on this! I never thought that the dead skin would be the reason why all moisturizers would cause my skin to break out. But how can I get rid of the dead skin without making my skin more dry andvulnerable? And do you have any ideas, as to why the dead skin keeps on coming back? It don't use any drying products at all.
Thank you again!

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/03/2018 1:47 am

Firstly, sead skin reoccurence could be vaused by nunerous things such as dehydrated skin when your face lost its ability tk retain moisture, hence I recckmend 5% urea because urea acts a a natural moisture ability restore to the face. Secondly, could be caused by the products you used in the past and it got used tk it hence shedding at a rapid pace. Third, If you have oily skin people with oily skin tend to produce more dead skin in which case need tk exfoliate more. My face also has reoccuribg dead skin hence I usually exfoliate every two days with my hands. It will shock you how much dead skin comes off. What you really need to do its exfoliate and find a moisturizer thats right for you and sknt skip a day. Every 28 days your skin renews so hopefully after your regimen it will return back to normal. If you have dead skin and you leave it even more dead skin will accumulate. Alsox if it keeps coming it could also mean that your just not exfokiating all of it and it still remains in your face creating the illusion that it keeps coming back.

This usually happens if you used BHA or acids reason why your face couldbe shedding rapidly as thats how it started for me. I stopped using BHA and now my face wont return to normal it just keeps shedding as because Ive been using bHA for years. So now to solve my dead ski problem I just exfokiate every 2 days.