Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest OnlyJoe

Minocycline red marks

Guest OnlyJoe

Im doing 6months of mino, ive improved 90% and only have 1-2 active pimples at one time, im currently half way through my forth month and have nice smooth skin but it is very red. ive heard mino can delay the healing process and im now wondering if my skin will be better off if i came off the drug to allow my skin to heal quicker.

Good idea/Bad idea?

Thanks, joe

Im doing 6months of mino, ive improved 90% and only have 1-2 active pimples at one time, im currently half way through my forth month and have nice smooth skin but it is very red. ive heard mino can delay the healing process and im now wondering if my skin will be better off if i came off the drug to allow my skin to heal quicker.

Good idea/Bad idea?

Thanks, joe

I took 4 months of minocycline, then havent had any up to now. It got better in the first few weeks of me not taking it but now it is coming back, and im going docs tomorrow for some more. My advice would be take what you have been given then go to the docs#derm to see what they say. good luck!

joe, are you using any topicals? I decided to quit mino a few days ago; I've been taking it for 3 years now. Every time I want to quit, I get a cyst and end up taking it again. Hopefully this time everything will be cool.

I'm back at docs tomorrow and hes probably going to give me another batch. But id rather take it and look better and feel crap.

Guest OnlyJoe
joe, are you using any topicals? I decided to quit mino a few days ago; I've been taking it for 3 years now. Every time I want to quit, I get a cyst and end up taking it again. Hopefully this time everything will be cool.

i was on mino for 3 months. I also cleared up well but my face looked a lot worse than it was because i had a lot of redness in my face and a slew of red marks that neevr seemed to heal. i dropped the mino and now my face is back to its nor mal color and the red marks that never faded over the 3 month course, faded in 2 weeks. I am now just using topicals.

Guest OnlyJoe
i was on mino for 3 months. I also cleared up well but my face looked a lot worse than it was because i had a lot of redness in my face and a slew of red marks that neevr seemed to heal. i dropped the mino and now my face is back to its nor mal color and the red marks that never faded over the 3 month course, faded in 2 weeks. I am now just using topicals.