Notifications
Clear all

What is wrong with my skin?

MemberMember
(@yagirlrobin)

Posted : 08/30/2018 8:39 pm

I've struggled with these blackhead like bumps on my forehead for a long time and I need help! I have white heads and black heads along my chin and whiteheads on my cheeks. Especially on the one side I have huge pores that are bumpy. Please help me! Anything that might help. I sometimes break out and get puss pimples.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/30/2018 8:51 pm

Closed comedones. Usually caused by the pores being clogges from whatever your using. Whether it be shampoo coming down on your face because shampoos are high comedogenic. Whether it be you using a cleanser that has comedogenic ingridients. Whether your makeup or moisturizer contains comedogenic ingridients. You ysing makeup with pore clogging ingridients dont even reccomend acne sufferers to put makeup. Whether its your diet auch as dairy, junk food , processed food and sugars, eating out greasy foods. They all contribute. Or it could just be hormonal and ykud prob have to go to a derm to see if it actually is. Thise closwd comedones usually have to come to a head meaning becoming a pimple for the bumos to go. Im sure I replied to the same post a few days ago or maybe tour a different person.

Treatments vary, Benzoyl Peroxide as which acne.irg sugesmmst with the ckeanrr, derm prescribing tretinoin gel NOT the CREAM a topical that usally make everything under neath your skin come to a head which means pimple break out. Doxy/Yas a hormone stopper. Accutane fir the extreme. BHA a tooical that gets deeo in your pores removing the oil plug. Paulas Choice. All these are treatments but itll take tike it will get worse at the start 2-3 months and start improving 4-8 months times can differ.

MemberMember
(@yagirlrobin)

Posted : 08/30/2018 10:34 pm

1 hour ago, VulneraryRain said:

Closed comedones. Usually caused by the pores being clogges from whatever your using. Whether it be shampoo coming down on your face because shampoos are high comedogenic. Whether it be you using a cleanser that has comedogenic ingridients. Whether your makeup or moisturizer contains comedogenic ingridients. You ysing makeup with pore clogging ingridients dont even reccomend acne sufferers to put makeup. Whether its your diet auch as dairy, junk food , processed food and sugars, eating out greasy foods. They all contribute. Or it could just be hormonal and ykud prob have to go to a derm to see if it actually is. Thise closwd comedones usually have to come to a head meaning becoming a pimple for the bumos to go. Im sure I replied to the same post a few days ago or maybe tour a different person.

Treatments vary, Benzoyl Peroxide as which acne.irg sugesmmst with the ckeanrr, derm prescribing tretinoin gel NOT the CREAM a topical that usally make everything under neath your skin come to a head which means pimple break out. Doxy/Yas a hormone stopper. Accutane fir the extreme. BHA a tooical that gets deeo in your pores removing the oil plug. Paulas Choice. All these are treatments but itll take tike it will get worse at the start 2-3 months and start improving 4-8 months times can differ.

I don't use shampoos that clog my pores and hardly wear makeup. I use cetaphil mouisterzer, and black African soap to wash my face everynight. I recently started this benzoyl peroxide cream that is 0.5% but it hasnt been seeming to blackheads and whiteheads only on active pimples. I want to go back on the glossier solution that contains "a 10% blend of aha/bha/Pha" I hope it will work good, if not I want to go to a dermatologist. also a note: I am a teen.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/31/2018 1:58 am

Hmm alot of shampoos contain SLS sodium lauryol sulfate/sulphate should be like the first ingridient, Laureth-20, fragrance, certain oils and more. The two ingridients above are extremely clog inducing skin irritating ingridients. Take this with a grain of salt because it seems like the worst area seems to be the forehead meaning that shampoo residue is the reason why its being there inthe first place. When the shampoo slides of your face it usyamky goes to your aide cheeks and nose to the chin, so even if you do use shampoo try to lean your head back and rinse without it touching your face.How long have you tried the Benzoyl Peroxide for? I dont suggest .5% cream, but 2.5 as acne.org reccomends, but if doesnt seem to be doing anything for it then I guess a BHA would be a great choice. If your are looking into BHA remember to find out the pH of the product it has tk be wuthin the range of 3-3.8 it has to be acjdic for it to work if its 4-5 it wont work as it has been neutralized. Dont take my word for this, but paulas Choice specializes in BHA so I can assume they manage theyre pH properly quite expensive though. Also i reccomend getting 2% not 10% as it is to harsh on the skin. 2% is all you need.

For the african soap wash its okay, but my OCD gets triggered and ask dont wrt things usually form bacteria especially on soaps? So basically after you use it and its wet its just collecting bacteria as a wet environment is a perfect breeding ground for them. I suggest you get the acne.org cleanser its mild not harsh lathers really well no comedogenic ingridients as i checked. But im just a stranger I cant tell you what to do and judging by how your a teen it seems really weird that o ly your chin has the problem but your jawline is completely clear meaning it may or may not be hormonal. If so it definetly can be what your using. Again im not a derm or a expert, but just judging by what ive experienced hope things turn out well for you.

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 08/31/2018 6:42 am

the pimples on your forehead are most likely caused by your hormones, theres not much you can do about it since youre probably going thru puberty. however, a bad diet such as greasy fried or sugary food may aggravate the acne.

MemberMember
(@yagirlrobin)

Posted : 08/31/2018 9:56 pm

15 hours ago, sickofacnee said:

the pimples on your forehead are most likely caused by your hormones, theres not much you can do about it since youre probably going thru puberty. however, a bad diet such as greasy fried or sugary food may aggravate the acne.  

Well there not really pimples...they're large pores and bumps that are whiteheads and blackheads. I was eating a pretty clean diet and still had the problem and I drink a gallon of water a day. 

19 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Hmm alot of shampoos contain SLS sodium lauryol sulfate/sulphate should be like the first ingridient, Laureth-20, fragrance, certain oils and more. The two ingridients above are extremely clog inducing skin irritating ingridients. Take this with a grain of salt because it seems like the worst area seems to be the forehead meaning that shampoo residue is the reason why its being there in the first place. When the shampoo slides of your face it usyamky goes to your aide cheeks and nose to the chin, so even if you do use shampoo try to lean your head back and rinse without it touching your face. How long have you tried the Benzoyl Peroxide for? I dont suggest .5% cream, but 2.5 as acne.org reccomends, but if doesnt seem  to be doing anything for it then I guess a BHA would be a great choice. If your are looking into BHA remember to find out the pH of the product it has tk be wuthin the range of 3-3.8 it has to be acjdic for it to work if its 4-5 it wont work as it has been neutralized. Dont take my word for this, but paulas Choice specializes in BHA so I can assume they manage theyre pH properly quite expensive though. Also i reccomend getting 2% not 10% as it is to harsh on the skin. 2% is all you need. 

For the african soap wash its okay, but my OCD gets triggered and ask dont wrt things usually form bacteria especially on soaps? So basically after you use it and its wet its just collecting bacteria as a wet environment is a perfect breeding ground for them. I suggest you get the acne.org cleanser its mild not harsh lathers really well no comedogenic ingridients as i checked. But im just a stranger I cant tell you what to do and judging by how your a teen it seems really weird that o ly your chin has the problem but your jawline is completely clear meaning it may or may not be hormonal. If so it definetly can be what your using. Again im not a derm or a expert, but just judging by what ive experienced hope things turn out well for you.

I don't think Its Shampoo. No it's not 10% the product I'll add a photo of of. I'll use the .5% on active acne legions.IMG_6629.thumb.PNG.a130538a4074159ac1219d1a14a6582a.PNGIMG_6631.thumb.PNG.47bf3293c37f32d87b73ce847025c134.PNG