Notifications
Clear all

Why do I do every thing but still have unclear skin?

MemberMember
(@izzybobizzi)

Posted : 08/30/2018 11:18 am

So here™s the history of my skin :

when I moved up to secondary school my skin was clear all through year 7&8. I started my period in y7 so I expected some form of pimples to show up so I bought some clearisil incase I got any. I didn™t and I felt happy 

Then at the beginning of y9 (aged 13) 
i started to get very bad breakouts on my forehead, but I didn™t care untill.

My so called ™friends™ used to call me œBraille head or œisabraille 

i thought it was just banter because I loved them they have been through so much with me as I had really anxiety during this time.

Then a random guy from my school mentioned to me that my face is so gross and bumpy

I felt really sad I couldn™t look in the mirror from that day on I used clearasil wash and rapid action gel.

I had found something that worked and I i felt so happy, I went out and didn™t care for I have one or two pimples bc it wasn™t as bad as it was before. I ate kinda well I loved my fruit not so my veg but I still ate them at least 5 portions a day
-
i day clear skin for 2 years straight I wasn™t so happy
-
Then just before the summer holidays I started getting bad spots like back in y9 again.I won™t go out I have to make excuses all the time and I™m so scared to go back to school. 
-
i tried pro active which made it 10x™s worse and now I™m using clearisil it worked for the first two days now my skin is worse than what it was before the pro active.
-
i eat well, I have at least 5 portions of fruit and Veg a day, I sleep well , I drink 10 glasses of water a day which is the same as one and a 1/2 litres of water.
I wash my face twice a day and apply spot treatment, i don™t touch my face even when It itches.
I am not as active as I used to be because I darw not go outside
-
ive been stuck in for 5 weeks 
-
i hate myself so much,
I compare my skin with others.
I hate myself for the fact I will never will never look the same again.
-
you may think my spots aren™t are not that bad but to me they feel disgusting.
-
im at pointe point where its effecting my school work and my attitude. All my time and effort and care is all hung up on my spots that I don™t need have tone to care about grades or even my future. My anxiety has been fine and less during this time just now I™m feeling depressed.
-
i know people have it worse than me Being a girl strive for perfection and Having spots makes me feel disgusting and I hate myself. I can™t go out without looking at myself in the mirror and having to go back. I don™t know how going to cope going to school, if anyone™s got any tips to be more confident please help me
-
oh and my school only allows minimal makeup (e.g.: concealer and a bit mascara)
-
please share your stories I™d love to hear from you guys :)

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/30/2018 8:36 pm

Actually those face washes wont work at all because its not being apploed on your face for hours for the effects to take in. Those cleansers also contain frgrance and comedogenic ingridients which make it worse. Thats hiw companies make money by making you addicted to their products. I suggest getting a topical like acne.org benzoyl peroxide thats a leave on, but always wear sunscreen and their cleanser because its non comedofenic and the ingridients are fine however, the moisturizer isnt that good so I suggest eucerin 5% urea dry relief face cream only sold on ebay by UK so it takes awhile. Also cut dairy from your life because it messes with your hormones moreso cause your a female. 5 servings of fruit? I hope its not the sugary kind like strawberries, mangos or etc. Thats like 40-60g of sugar your only post to intake 35g a sugar per day. I suggest blueberries because its high in antioxidants. When you shower dont let the residue come down your face as shampoos contain extrmely acne causing ingridients. Also if your experiencing acne I suggest not putt makeup as itll further lead to your pores be congested.

CUT out all processed foods, junk food star bucks all that bad food and go healthy. Literally diet is a major part of your journey on getting clear.

I was also like you during middle school I developed forehead acne and was so embarrasdd and became a social introvert im in college now but because of acne it made me talk to no one in my high school years. After it ws controlled and I was clear suddenly i got acne all over my face was depressed quit my part time job and I was so paranoid I cut all the food ib my life and ate only chicken breast which was onky 400 calories i went from 145- to 125. Although im dealing with it now few oimples come here and there when i have cheat days, but all i can say is if you already have friends to begin with explain to them your situation its better to have moral support when yoi have them. Unlike me so I hope things go good for you.

MemberMember
(@izzybobizzi)

Posted : 08/31/2018 8:28 am

11 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Actually those face washes wont work at all because its not being apploed on your face for hours for the effects to take in. Those cleansers also contain frgrance and comedogenic ingridients which make it worse. Thats hiw companies make money by making you addicted to their products. I suggest getting a topical like acne.org benzoyl peroxide thats a leave on, but always wear sunscreen and their cleanser because its non comedofenic and the ingridients are fine however, the moisturizer isnt that good so I suggest eucerin 5% urea dry relief face cream only sold on ebay by UK so it takes awhile. Also cut dairy from your life because it messes with your hormones moreso cause your a female. 5 servings of fruit? I hope its not the sugary kind like strawberries, mangos or etc. Thats like 40-60g of sugar your only post to intake 35g a sugar per day. I suggest blueberries because its high in antioxidants. When you shower dont let the residue come down your face as shampoos contain extrmely acne causing ingridients. Also if your experiencing acne I suggest not putt makeup as itll further lead to your pores be congested.

CUT out all processed foods, junk food star bucks all that bad food and go healthy. Literally diet is a major part of your journey on getting clear.

I was also like you during middle school I developed forehead acne and was so embarrasdd and became a social introvert im in college now but because of acne it made me talk to no one in my high school years. After it ws controlled and I was clear suddenly i got acne all over my face was depressed quit my part time job and I was so paranoid I cut all the food ib my life and ate only chicken breast which was onky 400 calories i went from 145- to 125. Although im dealing with it now few oimples come here and there when i have cheat days, but all i can say is if you already have friends to begin with explain to them your situation its better to have moral support when yoi have them. Unlike me so I hope things go good for you.

THAnkyou yeh have eaten healthy all my life and no I dont eat 5portions of fruit I have 7 recommended portions of fruit and veg as it says on the nhs website.

yeh I feel sad all the time so i dont go out a lot and I feel I should

Thanks for the great advice.

I never tried topical treatment bc I only have light acne that comes and goes on my forehead and Ive been advised not to use harsh chemicals.

Any tips or shall i just use cold water ?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/31/2018 9:22 am

If your acne comes and goes and isnt sever I thi k just letting things work out is just fine instead of applying a topical. Since you said forehead I really do think if you prevent shampoo feom coming down your face when rinsing/washing it may help. Second you shouldnt use cold water or hit water, but use luke warm because if its too cold or too hot itll both dry out your skin. Although if its severe acne like cystic topicals would probably be your best bet. I dont k ow how sever your acne is, but I know that females have breakout when its close to their period, if so it should be normal just hormones playing wacky

MemberMember
(@izzybobizzi)

Posted : 09/11/2018 10:51 am

Thank you, yes I understand I did use hot water for a long time then switched to cold because people requested I try it. So luke warm water it is a guess. Im using Minimal products (I only use a wash and gel) to help my skin recover from using proactive which had harsh chemicals in.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/11/2018 2:33 pm

Be careful about using products that dry out your skin. If you wash your face too often or use products that are too harsh, it can cause your skin to produce more oil, and then more breakouts. It seems like you are on the right track, just use lukewarm water and maybe in the evening a gentle cleanser if you think you need it. Sometimes in the morning I just rinse my face with water and use a little non-alcoholic witch hazel as a toner. I like Thayers, but you can choose whatever you like, just make sure no alcohol, as that will dry out your skin.