Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks on Cheeks

MemberMember
(@arifask)

Posted : 08/30/2018 4:02 am

Please tell me what to do with these marks. I™ve been to the dermatologist many times. But I didn™t get any satisfactory answer. I do not want to get any laser done yet.
How do I fade them? It™s been a year like this.

15EFEEA2-E081-4282-9CFC-6D5A4F1D6BAE.jpeg

1328B05D-848D-4572-B105-3C25C54000FD.jpeg

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 08/30/2018 3:19 pm

Dealing with the same problem, but don't worry they will fade over time to speed up the process you can use
Vaseline
naicinamide
hydrocortisone cream for just 7 days only.
silicone sheets.

MemberMember
(@arifask)

Posted : 08/31/2018 3:10 am

11 hours ago, Usama said:

Dealing with the same problem, but don't worry they will fade over time to speed up the process you can use
Vaseline
naicinamide
hydrocortisone cream for just 7 days only.
silicone sheets.

Ive been using Niacinamide for two months now but the marks arent fading at all. I tried vaseline too. No luck

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 08/31/2018 6:34 am

have you tried tretinoin cream? I'm suffering from those marks too and the tretinoin seem to be fading them quite quickly

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 08/31/2018 8:00 am

1 hour ago, sickofacnee said:

have you tried tretinoin cream? I'm suffering from those marks too and the tretinoin seem to be fading them quite quickly

Nope didn't tried it yet, but i had a session of vbeam 2 days ago on the lowest settings, i think it helped a little.

Which naicinamide product were you using?

And do you still have acne?

MemberMember
(@arifask)

Posted : 08/31/2018 4:39 pm

10 hours ago, sickofacnee said:

No I havent but thank you I will try it out

8 hours ago, Usama said:
Nope didn't tried it yet, but i had a session of vbeam 2 days ago on the lowest settings, i think it helped a little.

Which naicinamide product were you using?

And do you still have acne?

I got a product from my country it has symwhite 377 and niacinamide and other stuff.
I have pcos so yes i get a few pimples here and there

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 08/31/2018 10:30 pm

I think you have to control your active acne first because new spots mean more inflammation, it's hard to treat red marks while getting new spots. My doc said he would be doing microneedling with prp today I'll update you on this.

MemberMember
(@mp34601)

Posted : 08/31/2018 11:29 pm

Let me add that wearing sunscreen everyday is a real must. I've not always followed this advice in the past, and I do now, and I can really see that my hyperpigmentation marks are fading a lot quicker. The sun is really not your friend when dealing with lingering marks.

Silavana liked
MemberMember
(@arifask)

Posted : 09/02/2018 7:54 am

But how do i reduce the redness around the marks? Its so frustrating 

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/04/2018 11:25 am

It is frustrating, made even more so by the fact not every treatment works on everyone, you really have to trial and error it. Underneath all that, you need to the usual: maintain a skincare routine, drink plenty of water, and eat well.

I would caution you about two things: try not to touch your face AT ALL. And don't overwash your face. No more than twice a day, if you have super oily skin you may be able to get away with washing it only at night and just using a damp cloth in the mornings.

There are some lasers that can treat both active acne and redness, check with your derm if you decide to go that route. You may not be ready yet, but if some of the scars are persistent, you may want to think about it.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 09/05/2018 8:35 am

I am 4 days post microneedling with prp my skin is just a little bit red i would definitely say there is improvement in my red marks on my cheeks about 60% reduction i don't know if it would work for you but this worked for me going to have my next session im 4 weeks.

MemberMember
(@arifask)

Posted : 09/13/2018 3:41 am

On 9/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, Usama said:

I am 4 days post microneedling with prp my skin is just a little bit red i would definitely say there is improvement in my red marks on my cheeks about 60% reduction i don't know if it would work for you but this worked for me going to have my next session im 4 weeks.

I will talk to my dermatologist about this. Thankyou so much.

MemberMember
(@mrgalley)

Posted : 10/11/2018 8:47 am

On 9/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, Usama said:

Whats the cost per session? My dermatologist recommended me it but I never got the chance to go for it.