Notifications
Clear all

Help!! IB from adapalene? Smth else???

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 08/27/2018 10:26 am

About 1 week ago my derm prescribed me erythromycin, clindamycin gel and adapalene 0.1% and triclosan face wash for my œacne 

3 days into treatment I seemed to have purge quite a ton, with some huge pustules erupting below my jaw, chin and right cheek. Tbh its odd because i dont really breakout below my jawline anymore but on my cheeks instead?? But well  I did expect this because Im not using mosturizer at night to buffer it in or anything to see the full effects. 

At the moment, some of them had died down and those on my chin/mouth area left some awful marks but theres still some painful pustules on my right cheek. Today (one week) I saw that one of the pustules became super fugly painful red and seemed to be infected :((?? I didnt take any chances and dabbed it with some remaining bactrim I had. (Sorry if ur grossed out by the pic...tbh i thought like 73828811h before posting it...)

Im thinking if i should go back to the derm and ask him if Im having a staph infection again.....before gg on this course I never had this kind of thing...? Any help would be great!!
28CD25BC-C165-4B63-AF48-4F9DDB7914BF.thumb.jpeg.24951f811f0850a598810ce3c73e3462.jpeg

Some bg : Before this i had a minor staph infection on my nose and afterwards I was on accutane but for only 1 month as it was really affecting my depression levels... 

I recently have some scalp acne and dandruff recently probably due to follucilitis since its hot and humid where i am...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/27/2018 10:54 am

Would you try spriloactone, I know clindamycin and eyrthroymycin definitely did not clear up my acne anyways I'm going to go on acctuanne because I have exhausted all other options. Make sure you use a gel cleanser like dermalogica and maybe salosylic acid and exfoliater. Id go back to the derm just to make sure it's acne. Hope I've helped a little. I'm dealing with ance for 13 years.x 

Screenshot_20180826-144654.png

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 08/28/2018 9:21 am

22 hours ago, Michelle waldron said:

Would you try spriloactone, I know clindamycin and eyrthroymycin definitely did not clear up my acne anyways I'm going to go on acctuanne because I have exhausted all other options. Make sure you use a gel cleanser like dermalogica and maybe salosylic acid and exfoliater. Id go back to the derm just to make sure it's acne. Hope I've helped a little. I'm dealing with ance for 13 years.x 

Screenshot_20180826-144654.png

Thank you for the suggestions Michelle! Im picking up my blood tests tmr for hormones, pcos and thyroid...hopefully they dont suggest anything too serious. Were you diagnosed with anything? I know spiro helps if the acne is hormonal or smth!

Sadly im not sure why most salicylic stuff hates me so Im sticking to the anti bacterial face wash and a light clay mask some nights and then. Somehow the clay helps drain all the gunk and helps. I think my bactrim ointment works, the fugly pimple burst today and im left with a glorious red mark atm yay. Lol

Think the increasing heat humidity weather and stress here also inspired acne that lasted from high school till now for me eugh but lets do our best to combat this shit man

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/28/2018 2:14 pm

My bloods came back clear so I don't know am I suffering with any other issues but my acne on my period all I can tell you it's like a living nightmare face goes red about a week before my period, then it erupts during my period.im in a wet climate (Ireland) but acne just seemed to like some people I think sure give sprilo a go :) sorry about salosylic acid , maybe glycolic acid I don't want to sting you either.thats good about the clay everyone is different unfortunately I have to go on acctuanne because my skin is to diesesed hun

IMG-20180826-WA0000.jpeg

Maybe a gel cleanser and good exfoliater with warm water and stay clear of things that sting.

MemberMember
(@alice902)

Posted : 08/29/2018 8:00 am

Oh man I feel you especially during that time of the month... i got blood test today and it seems Im clear of pcos but I do have a slight hyperthyroid problem sigh 

Yeah I™ll stick to the gentles for now... apparently I started having some glorious hives today so Im stopping what I do/take. I might be allergic to differin or something...not to mention the nasty marks it left me with :( Gotta go slather some aloe vera on my face and pray it just heals slowly  atm.

Good luck going on tane!! I might try that in the future if I dont have too many health or mood issues... 

MemberMember
(@marsh121)

Posted : 08/29/2018 8:42 am

i'll start with this do not over think about your pimples because stress cause even more pimples. second do not prick them, do not keep touching them even. just let them be because every pick is going to worsen your problem at the very last. you can do diy acne treatment such as steaming, using prescribed mask curd and applying honey and also avoid heavy make up. and use natural products to heel this problem. i know this all are little bit time consuming but you can also go with vegan products like oil, face serum, anti-acne cream etc.[VIRGINIC]  Here you can search or read about all of product. and find your best. ^_^