Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Relapse?

MemberMember
(@dsg1116)

Posted : 08/27/2018 4:02 am

So, I was on accutane for about a year. I took it in 2015 and ended towards the summer of 2016. I dont remember the transition of dosages but I believe I went up to either 60 mg or 80 mg. For the past two years, my skin has been clear. Occasionally, maybe once or twice a week, Id get 1-2 little dots on my face.

For the the past two weeks, Ive had heavier breakouts. I was not on my period when this began and I still am not. This was my skin two weeks ago:And here was my acne prior to accutane:

Lastly, Im going to post my skin at the moment. While it seems to be drying up, I have a new little red dot or small pimple on my face everyday for the past two weeks. Ive been washing my face twice a day and dont know why this is happening. Im worried sick and may consider seeing the dermatologist again. I know there is no cure for acne but I hope the accutane assisted with my skin not coming back to what it was. The newest pimple is the one that appeared on my chin last night:

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/27/2018 7:13 pm

Hi. In all the pictures, your acne seemed very mild. I've been on accutane 3 times and can tell you that for me at least, it was not a permanent solution. You could always try a retinoid to see if it will help maintain your skin. There is also diet and lifestyle issues you can address.

Don't fret - your skin looks good.

MemberMember
(@dsg1116)

Posted : 08/27/2018 8:20 pm

Youve been on accutane three times?! The PA at the office told me she took it once in her life and it cured her cystic acne long term. And theres a 10% relapse rate. She lied >:\

And what have you done to treatyour acne?