Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’m on day 75 of my accutane treatment now. I weigh about 150lbs and I used to take 40mg a day. That worked out really well, and I did not experience any dramatic side effects. A couple of weeks ago I really started to see improvement in my skin, and also my derm said I could start taking 60mg a day if I felt for doing so. So, I thought: «Well, I’m improving and I’m not experiencing dramatic side effects, so why not? I guess it’ll just make my journey shorter.» Well, now I’ve broken out really bad the last couple of weeks after taking 60mg every evening. I really regret this. Is this normal?

Yes this is normal, my derm warned me that increases in dosage can cause another breakout so don't worry it is your body adjusting to the increased concentration. You know this drug works and you saw it for yourself first hand and just wait and you know the results will come. Hang in there the road to clear skin is on its way.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:37 AM, troydeloci02 said:

I’m on day 75 of my accutane treatment now. I weigh about 150lbs and I used to take 40mg a day. That worked out really well, and I did not experience any dramatic side effects. A couple of weeks ago I really started to see improvement in my skin, and also my derm said I could start taking 60mg a day if I felt for doing so. So, I thought: «Well, I’m improving and I’m not experiencing dramatic side effects, so why not? I guess it’ll just make my journey shorter.» Well, now I’ve broken out really bad the last couple of weeks after taking 60mg every evening. I really regret this. Is this normal?

I experienced the same but don’t worry it’s gonna be alright 

Definitely normal.  An increase in dosage in drugs like Spiro and Accutane will do that as your body gets used to the drug.