Notifications
Clear all

Acne scar treatment ? please help (pics included)

MemberMember
(@alone3)

Posted : 08/24/2018 10:28 am

i m 22 y.o. my english not so good. sorry for that .i had acnes since high school.
And my scars increasing every day.So i need to know what kind of treatment i should get and can these scars recover or at least what % improvement should i expect?thanks for helping

these photos taken in the day light

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/24/2018 3:47 pm

Are we calling scars large pores, icepicks? I do not see any pitting. IF there is you need to take a flashlight and use directional lighting to show the shadows.

If it's just pores you need extensive tca cross, rf needling or fraxel repair or clear and brilliant which is a much softer laser and takes more procedures.

% of improvement is based off how you heal. Several treatments are needed over time.

You have a excess of sebum production get this under control, anti - sebum products. Things that are not harsh and strip the skin excessively. Salycylic or Glycolic peels.

If your referring to the redness in your skin that is PIE or wounding post acne. This is taken care of with picosure for ethnic skin types.

alone3 liked
MemberMember
(@alone3)

Posted : 08/25/2018 12:45 am

thanks for responding. ° am gonna get 6 sessions of Carbon laser peel(not CO2) treatment which use Q switch laser. This laser can help with my pores or not?  i could not find 'TCA CROSS' in my country but there is chemical peeling that use TCA to whole face. This can help me? 
I think my face heals good because i had so many acnes and i picked them a lot. i need to know my face can recover or not because i cant look at mirrors.  The reason my face looks so bad is because i have enlarged pores and P°E  all over my face? Do i need harsh treatments like CO2 fraxionel laser or like that because i regularly go to school and i havn't got downtime more than 2 days but sometimes holidays make this 3-4 days to week. the money not so important if the treatments gonna work at least if i will get improvement.
sorry for so many questions :( i added photos with different angles 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/25/2018 6:24 pm

Thank you for the pics, ... you need cannular subcision, and some filler. Before it did not show your scars properly so this helps.

You have both rolling, box cars, and a bunch of icepicks / big pores.

A typical treatment would be...

* 4 sessions of cannular sucbsion and filler when the swelling goes down. For your type of scars Sculptra could be appropriate and instead used (injected throughout the cheeks - scar areas).

* Wait 3 months between treatments and get rf microneedling done, 4 sessions between your subcisions.

* You need paint on tca in the larger pits, and lots (several sessions of tca cross).

* Finally you will do a resurfacing with a erbium laser or co2, ... a deep peel is another option.

Treat as you have time and money.

The CO2 that you mentioned above can be used instead of the rf needling. Use it at 3-7% density and the highest power, this density can be multi-pass over the skin, ... it acts like the rf needling but the disadvantage is no insulated energy to protect the upper epidermis.

No you do not do tca to the whole face till the end. You have scars that need lifting, and filler is needed as a spacer. This is the last step - peels.

alone3 liked
MemberMember
(@alone3)

Posted : 08/26/2018 3:52 am

thank you so much for helping 
i researched doctor who make subcision in my city and just one doctor does that:( and he fills the gaps with 'microfat injection' not other fillers.And i think it i will cost more than i think because he is the only one does that in my city.
And nobody does all treatments together so i have to find a couple doctors and convince them to do that treatments :(  

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/26/2018 4:43 pm

Microfat can be good. Yes probably more expensive and multiple Drs. I would research the Drs and find the best ones for the procedures near you.

BA