After 5 years, my c...

Notifications
Clear all

After 5 years, my cure

MemberMember
(@awaretear)

Posted : 08/22/2018 5:46 pm

Hello,

Im writing this because after 5 years of struggling with embarrassing adult acne, I have found a cure for my particular situation.

Approxiamtely 5 years ago, when I was 32, I began breaking out with mild acne on my scalp and around my cheek bones, and anywhere I had hair follicles. There were also areas on my thieghs and upper arms that would get pimples. I dealt with it for a while, but it seemed to progressively get worse. After devouring every bit of info on the internet, I tried the Candida diet strictly for 3 months. It cured my issue completely. When I was done with the diet, I went back to eating whatever I wanted. After around 4 months, I slowly started to break out again, and after a few months it had returned with a vengence. Large, dime-sized, irritated pimples. Often times in clusters, and impossible to conceal. I was breaking out along the front of my hairline, and all around my beard. The acne that would develop was red and large, and would take 2-3 weeks to heal. I went to holistic dermatologists, conventional dermatologists and nothing seemed to help. No one had any solution, other than antibiotics, and cleansing regimens, which didnt improve the situation much.

I thought I had food allergies, and I would avoid particular foods for months, and would see improvements, but then soemthing would cause another flair up.

As Im sure anyone who has found their way here knows, acne can take a severe toll on you psychologically, and i started to feel depressed. I stopped wanting to leave the house, and would avoid social situations. My daughter would ask about my owies on my face, and it was awful.

I finally decided to go strictly gluten and dairy free for almost 2 years, and saw an improvement, but not a consistent one. I still seemed to have flair ups. I also began to feel sensitivity on my skin in different areas, kind of what i belive Fibromyalgia is.

I had had just about given up, when I started to notice a consistent improvement. I kept a log of what i was eating, and I had been eating Pho a lot from a local restaurant, as it was quick, and GF and dairy free. I started reading about what was in Pho, and the broth is similar to bone broth, and contains collagen.

After our second child was born, my wife had also developed moderate excema that seemed to happen after eating gluten.

I started drinking a cup of bone broth first thing each morning before aging anything else. The brand I used was a grass fed chicken broth but Kettle & Fire. After about a week, i wasnt having any new spots develop and anything that did look to be starting would quickly heal on its own. I began to add three scoops of a grass fed collagen peptide powder by Vital Proteins my cup of bone broth and my skin continued to look better everywhere. No more scalp breakouts, nothing on my face, and nothing on my arms or legs. My wife began the same regimen and had the same results. He excema cleared up almost immediately.

To really test test this out, I began eating gluten again. Still no issue! This has been working for over 4 months now, my there
has been the occasional spot that pops up but they now seem to go away on their own after 2-3 days. My confidence has come back, so I am excited to go out and experience a variety of foods again.

At this point, I have had a bit of dairy from time to time, and it doesnt seem to be an issue, but dont want to overdo it.

I wanted I post this, as I know how frustrating this can seem. I wish I would have discovered this sooner, as I now have a bit of scarring. What Ive come to know, is that acne is your bodies way of telling you something is out of balance. This may not work for everyone, but it has been amazing for both me and my wife.

Read up on collagen deficiency, which is pretty common during pregnancy, and give it a try. Id love to answer any questions as well.

Dont give up!

essex11 and Lazy liked
MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 08/29/2018 1:23 pm

Great news! Keep us updated, are you applying anything to your face currently?