Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, this is my first posted topic. I just started Duac about two weeks ago, it seems to be working. I am not all clear like I would like to be, but ok enough to not be as self conscoius. I wash with Purpose apply Duac at night and use Neutrogena Multi Vitamin lotion during the day. I have sensitive skin and was told by my allergist to watch with overdrying it, because that is where most of my break outs come from. I was wondering how many times you would have to apply Bp gel?? I had acne when I was like 12-16, then I cleared up, now I am 20 and the shit just returned like last year, but it started on my forehead and it looked like a rash and itched like hell. SO I went to the allergist and he prescribed me some Augmentin XR- man this stuff is great, it cleared me up but I was left with scars , and then I used Dove soap for sensitive skin and that was it. Then all of a sudden my forehead started breaking out again. What should I do? Should I try the gel even though it seems Duac is working ok???- Also how many times a day do you apply The Bp gel??-

I was also prescribed dauc a couple weeks ago. very important message: YOU CAN ONLY REFILL IT ONCE A MONTH UNDER INSURANCE. I didn't know this and i used a whole bunch and for the last week I have had to use this shity oxy bp lotion stuff. Also, though the Duac looked like it has a chance to become a succesful product, I started getting milia and found that this was being caused by the duac (bp also does this though). Having said that I would recomend you only put it where you have acne or else you may get those white bumps in random places. I think you apply the bp once at night and its sorta optional if you wanna add more in the morning. Fill me in on your story with Duac.

I was also prescribed dauc a couple weeks ago. very important message: YOU CAN ONLY REFILL IT ONCE A MONTH UNDER INSURANCE. I didn't know this and i used a whole bunch and for the last week I have had to use this shity oxy bp lotion stuff. Also, though the Duac looked like it has a chance to become a succesful product, I started getting milia and found that this was being caused by the duac (bp also does this though). Having said that I would recomend you only put it where you have acne or else you may get those white bumps in random places. I think you apply the bp once at night and its sorta optional if you wanna add more in the morning. Fill me in on your story with Duac.

Guest TylerD

What exactly is this duac. Is it a cream you put on before bed time. And also can someone tell me whats in it and how it works.

it's 5% bp and 1% cindariana (I don't know if thats how you spell it) Since its mostly bp I think it is the same thing as bp but the cindariana or whatever must do something to make it so expensive and percribed.

Guest TylerD

I think i might give this stuff a try. I have been using normal benzoyl peroxide and it is very good no doubt about that. But it keeps on tanning my face and makes me look like im seriously 100 years old. People always say its just because you just started. But i have been on the regimen for over 2 months and it just keeps getting more darker and worse. But my acne is way better. So it would be nice to find something that works just as good as the benzoyl peroxide does but wont tan and make my face look way older eusa_eh.gif. I think if i try this stuff i will just put it on the pimple other then my entire face. I dont get alot of breakouts just one or so.

I think i might give this stuff a try. I have been using normal benzoyl peroxide and it is very good no doubt about that. But it keeps on tanning my face and makes me look like im seriously 100 years old. People always say its just because you just started. But i have been on the regimen for over 2 months and it just keeps getting more darker and worse. But my acne is way better. So it would be nice to find something that works just as good as the benzoyl peroxide does but wont tan and make my face look way older eusa_eh.gif. I think if i try this stuff i will just put it on the pimple other then my entire face. I dont get alot of breakouts just one or so.

Guest TylerD

Well for some reason i dont know the benzoyl peroxide would tan my skin. Maybe this other stuff makes your face white due to the other medication thats in it. And is this stuff only meant to put on the pimple its self. Or do you apply it to your entire face. You mentioned that it causes little bumps. neutral.gif How does it help your acne if it is causing more lol???

Well for some reason i dont know the benzoyl peroxide would tan my skin. Maybe this other stuff makes your face white due to the other medication thats in it. And is this stuff only meant to put on the pimple its self. Or do you apply it to your entire face. You mentioned that it causes little bumps. neutral.gif How does it help your acne if it is causing more lol???

Guest TylerD

Alrighty just gotta start off by saying I just got some of this duac stuff tonight except its called Clyndoxil gel. But is the exact same thing just cuz its Regina its a a diff name. So anyway i was doing some reserach on it over the internet and alot of ppl have had really good experiences with it. Some said its cleared them within a couple days. Some in a week or so and longer. But then some said it sucked and made their acne worse. Sooo uhhhhh lol I guess im going to take it and cant rely on anyone and waht they say becauses it seems it has an effect on everybody differently. So I am going to try it out tonight and hopefully I am a person it works real good with. I would hate to try something and it just sucks. lol however benzoyl peroxide has worked good with me in the past and this other gel in it they say attacks the bacteria and reduces the redness of the pimple. So maybe that will be good then. So we will see tomorrow lol . peace

Alrighty just gotta start off by saying I just got some of this duac stuff tonight except its called Clyndoxil gel. But is the exact same thing just cuz its Regina its a a diff name. So anyway i was doing some reserach on it over the internet and alot of ppl have had really good experiences with it. Some said its cleared them within a couple days. Some in a week or so and longer. But then some said it sucked and made their acne worse. Sooo uhhhhh lol I guess im going to take it and cant rely on anyone and waht they say becauses it seems it has an effect on everybody differently. So I am going to try it out tonight and hopefully I am  a person it works real good with. I would hate to try something and it just sucks. lol however benzoyl peroxide has worked good with me in the past and this other gel in it they say attacks the bacteria and reduces the redness of the pimple. So maybe that will be good then. So we will see tomorrow lol . peace

Guest TylerD

Thx. I actually havent went and tried it just yet. lol I am a little scarred to get off the bp during day and night. But now I think I have no choice the BP is drying my face out super bad. So i might go to duac and just do it at night and then moisturize in the morning. Putting BP on twice a day is way to much for me and drys me out super bad no matter how much moisturizer I use. And i have been on the bp for 2 months now and it just keeps drying and getting worse but the pimples are clearing up.

Thx. I actually havent went and tried it just yet. lol I am a little scarred to get off the bp during day and night. But now I think I have no choice the BP is drying my face out super bad. So i might go to duac and just do it at night and then moisturize in the morning. Putting BP on twice a day is way to much for me and drys me out super bad no matter how much moisturizer I use. And i have been on the bp for 2 months now and it just keeps drying and getting worse but the pimples are clearing up.

Guest TylerD

I actually dont use dans bp. I use Panoxyl 2.5 that i ordered. And only took 2 days. But I have been using the duac for the past few nights before bed and it has been working super great for me. I think its way better then normal bp because the other thing thats in it i forget what its called that gel it reduces the redness of the pimple and eats away at the bacteria which is really good. I like the duac gel and will continue to use it till i see myself getting 100% clear.

heybabe..dunno if ur still on this..but i got white bumps on my face due to putting the duac all over my face..even where there was no spots..and its annoying..as i dunno how to get rid of it..id really appreciate ur help..what should i use to help take it all off my face?..thanks