Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby O

Do you ever feel like just giving up?

Is it just me or does anyone else ever feel like just giving up. I'm not talking about an acne treatment, I mean like give up on everything entirely like all your dreams and desires and all that you hoped to accomplish in life. Just to stop and let everything pass you by. I feel like that sometimes, not wanting to keep busting my ass in work and school at the same time. I wish I could just give up everything and relax with no worries. All this stress and frustration does not help when you have acne also.

Sorry for my rant, I just had a really shitty day.

I think my acne caused a lot of problems.

I don't get much attention from girls and that lead me to a depression which affected my school work, and so on and so on.

I guess it's me having low self esteem with acne, but I'm adjusted to be a loner.

I do everything alone. Hiking, movies, fishing, etc. It's probably not the best thing to be, a loner. What'd ya gonna do.

BUT

It's about perception. Self perception, man. I have a friend who's middle eastern. He's slowly balding, his nose is fat, he's got a large head, and acne + acne scars abound, but he's the most positive person I know. He's dated all sorts of girls - blond white texans, koreans, mexican girls. It's all about self perception I guess.

In the end you're only fighting yourself. This is key to understand.

fat nose? you shouldn't say stuff like that..

===

Well, yeh Bobby, many of us feel this way. And many of us have given up on our dreams and desires. I'm not sure many of us know what they are anyway as we've forgotten.

But life is what yo umake it. If you have the ability to see some good outta this urine soaked shithole then thats good

Im still tryin to live my dream and barley Hangin on. I feel lik the damage thats ben done to my face is all I would be able to take. If i got any more defects I would probably just give up on the fitness modeling thing. But at least while im healthy I always be able to Workout wich i luv to do. Acne will never take that away from me

Defects???

Man acne isn't a defect, it's a disease. FFS at least you have a kick ass body. I worked out for 4 years and hardly anything happened. My teacher's couldn't figure it out. They suggested that while I might build muscle, I don't show it. Plus my metabolism is off the hook. Family trait I'm afraid. You look fine in your pics man.

Oh and I have scoliosis too, pins and plates in my leg and a defeated conscience. But I'm ok. A lot of people have it a lot worse man. Katie(turtle) has MD if I remember right...and she's one of the coolest and most energetic people on here. Be greatfull for what you have man, and even more greatfull for what you don't have.

reading this thread makes me think of this song.

Please lock me away

And don't allow the day

Here inside, where I hide with my loneliness

I don't care what they say, I won't stay

In a world without love

Birds sing out of tune

And rain clouds hide the moon

I'm OK, here I stay with my loneliness

In a world without love

So I wait, and in a while

I will see my true love smile

She may come, I know not when

When she does, I'll lose

So baby until then

Lock me away

And don't allow the day

In a world without love

(Please lock me away)

(And don't allow the day)

(Here inside, where I hide with my loneliness)

In a world without love

So I wait, and in a while

I will see my true love smile

She may come, I know not when

When she does, I'll lose

So baby until then

Lock me away

And don't allow the day

In a world without love

In a world without love

Acne is the worst thing I experienced in my life. Lately it has brought me down the most than ever. I been crying alot lately I just dont know what to do anymore.I feel like just giving up my bestfriend doesn't speak to me anymore, my girlfriend broke up with me and I stopped going to the gym to work out because they have too many mirrors. Its so sad but I cant help it. I'm becoming anti social I dont even want to go out.

Hi Hotboi and welcome to the world of acne. SOme of us have been like this for years...

No but seriously, I'm sorry to hear that. If you stick around on here 'm sure you'll find it a help as I do. We all know how you feel remember, and knowing that there is another in your situation often makes you feel better no?

What you said is very typical of what acne does to a persons life. Well, you can let it go down the drain or grab life by the horns. I know its hard when you're depressed but yknow I assume you're young right? For mos tpeople acne is a passing phase and not severe. Just hold on for a little.

The first thing, go see your doctor. Get some antibiotics. They work a treat for the milder stuff.

byeby

yea i feel like you but tomorrow is the last day of schoool for me so i can relax and let all the stress go away, and stay at home the whole time so my face can heal up

Guest OnlyJoe

I always used ot get to school holidays and think, Right now i can just get my skin looking luvely by the time i go back to school.... never happened

Hi Hotboi and welcome to the world of acne. SOme of us have been like this for years...

No but seriously, I'm sorry to hear that. If you stick around on here 'm sure you'll find it a help as I do. We all know how you feel remember, and knowing that there is another in your situation often makes you feel better no?

What you said is very typical of what acne does to a persons life. Well, you can let it go down the drain or grab life by the horns. I know its hard when you're depressed but yknow I assume you're young right? For mos tpeople acne is a passing phase and not severe. Just hold on for a little.

The first thing, go see your doctor. Get some antibiotics. They work a treat for the milder stuff.

byeby

wow accutane, thats really cool especially for mild. Accutane really is the life saver for many people here.

Goodluck, and in a few months don't hesitate to post your experiences here or in the treatment forum

Byby!

yea i feel like you but tomorrow is the last day of schoool for me so i can relax and let all the stress go away, and stay at home the whole time so my face can heal up

I too dont see the point of doing much with my life. I dont have the confidence or self esteem to do the things I want to. Theres nothing physically stopping me doing these things, but mentally i just cant lead a normal life. Its not being on my own that bothers me much, its just the whole thing about not going out. I cant just go to town on a saturday afternoon and buy a few cds and some clothes, I cant go drinking and chat up girls. What else is a 22 year old supposed to do???

well I have it bad as well, but not so bad that I can't go down town! Dude you can't live this way. Pucker up. Is the problem anxiety? You seem to avoid social situations.. pm dude if you think so ben

Acne is a bitch, I agree. But the fact is that it really doesn't look as bad to most people as it does to you unless you have SEVERE acne (I mean, like, severe). It depresses you so much because you look at it so often. Just try not to look at yourself in the mirror and keep treating it with whatever works. The more you look at it and stress over it (which often leads to squeezing, picking and touching), the more depressed you will become. If you have mild acne, don't worry about it. Seriously. I would kill for mild acne.

everyone feels that way at one point or another. but if you give in to feeling that way, you're going to feel even more miserable than you did when you felt like giving up. think about it. when you feel like giving up, you still have things going for you. yeah, it's stressful and acne makes it worse, but you still have things going for you. but imagine how much worse you'd feel if you did give up and was consequently left with nothing but acne. just give life and acne the finger (as my boyfriend puts it) and do your thing. strive to be successful, kick some ass. one day it's going to pay off.

severe like me, thats very conforting to know tdm...

he, only jokin. I'm used to it I suppose after all these years. But you're right, we are our own critics. We gotta live with it, so we have to accept it.

When I was 16, I went on Accutane, and I had to get off it after 40 days because of dry eyes and dry mouth. I remember thinking "is this going to be another impossible problem to solve?" Sure enough, now I'm almost 28, and I have three unsolvable problems: oily skin/acne, acne scars, horrible dryness (in eyes, nose, mouth, throat, but not in my skin where I wanted it). It's still hard to believe that one problem (oily skin) ended up ruining my looks, my health, everything. Either way, happiness is just a temporary distraction from our inevitable conclusion: death. What difference does it make if for 50 or 80 short years, you were happy or unhappy? The less you value your own life, the easier it is to let go of hope, which ultimately is only a distraction, and to come to terms with your own mortality and its ulitmate uncertainty. I think the more you suffer, the more honest you can be with yourself, and the less likey you are to accept half-baked solutions like the ones offered by advertising, propaganda, organized religions, etc.

Guest OnlyJoe
happiness is just a temporary distraction from our inevitable conclusion: death. What difference does it make if for 50 or 80 short years, you were happy or unhappy? The less you value your own life, the easier it is to let go of hope, which ultimately is only a distraction, and to come to terms with your own mortality and its ulitmate uncertainty

NEVER GIVE UP. ALWAYS KEEP TRYING AS LONG AS YOU BREATHE.

See how I finally cleared my skin on the board. The post is titled BP FREE ACID FREE SKIN CARE - ZIT FREE. I tell everything I did to clear my skin. It was just a test. I had no idea it would be so simple.

GOOD LUCK! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP EVEN WHEN THINKS SEEM TOUGH. THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE GLAD ABOUT. SHAZ AKA SLIM