Notifications
Clear all

Is this rosacea?

MemberMember
(@sscl)

Posted : 08/16/2018 7:40 am

Hello everyone! :)

I™m new to this site and recently been having some bumpy skin. It doesn™t seem like regular acne to me, but more a rough/bumpy skin texture that is concentrated on my forehead, and large pores. I™ve been scouring the Internet, and I™m wondering if it™s fungal acne or possibly rosacea. I don™t know if this looks familiar to anyone, but I™d appreciate some advice. I™ve been to a dermatologist (about 3 months ago) and she gave me clindamycin antibiotic gel which definitely has helped with the regular acne breakouts. (My skin is also very sensitive to salicylic cod and benzoyl peroxide. It tends to do well with sulfur washes though).
Thank you! :)

20A630A9-DC54-4DCB-B9EF-DE73E230E00D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@natural247)

Posted : 01/18/2019 3:12 pm

Could be rosacea if it doesn't do well salicylic acid or benzoyl p?

Have you gotten a skin scraping done to check for demodex? Ivermectrin/ soolantra could he helpful nonetheless as it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. You could ask you derm about this, some people have found it really helpful in inflammatory skin conditions such as rosacea!

Try limiting pro-inflammatory foods such as processed oils like sunflower or rapeseed oil, and processed or packaged foods like crisps,etcand try including more unsaturated fats and fruit and veg, diet can have a huge effect! Omega 3s are vital forskin maintenance and overall bodily function! Also checking or eliminatingany food intolerances or sensitives, can also be a big help.

A basic skincare routine such as a hydrating cleanser at night time, a gentle alcohol free toner, and then a basic fragrance free moisturiser for sensitive skin is advisable. Applying moisturiser repeatedly to reduce moisture loss is important, and hyaluronic acid is a nice ingredient in skin care. Raw shea butter and colloidal oatmeal to deeply moisturise and calm skin are great too!

Inspecting your lifestyle on a whole is also a good place to start to see if you can identify any possible triggers for your skin getting better or worse over time.

Best of luck!!