Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin pill month 4 - still having Acne HELP

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 08/15/2018 4:00 pm

Hi,

First of all, a small rant:
My first year of university starts in about 2 weeks and it sucks that after years of being insecure I still have to deal with this. I'm even considering not going at all, because when I get bad breakout I'm not able to go outside anyways.

I'm 19 years old (female) and I've had acne for years since I was 14. I've tried topical creams, antibiotics, peelings and even a whole 6 month roaccutane cure. Nothing helped in the end.

Okay so I've been on the Yasmin pill (birth contol, generic) for 4 months now.
The initial breakout was horrible and lasted for 2 whole months, it's a wonder that I got my diploma at all.
At first I thought it was getting better but I'm in my placebo week and once again I'm still getting the worst chin breakouts (yes it happened before this week) and also between my eyebrows. Like really bad, I can't go outside. Just as bad as before I started the pill. So now I'm even regretting starting birth control since it feels like I just added scars from the initial breakout for nothing (mentally and physically).

Does anyone have an opinion or did anyone go through something similar??
My doctor told me to wait for 4 months so I did, should I conclude that it doesn't work or give it some time once again?
It really feels like a hopeless case and I don't know what I'm doing wrong or should be doing

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/15/2018 4:38 pm

Give it a good 3- 4 months at least hun.im on Azealic acid and I was told wait 3-4 month I like u have tryed so much and it didn't work..From michelle

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 08/15/2018 5:54 pm

1 hour ago, Michelle waldron said:

Give it a good 3- 4 months at least hun.im on Azealic acid and I was told wait 3-4 month I like u have tryed so much and it didn't work..From michelle

Yes that's what my doctor told me as well, but I'm on month 4 right now and still experiencing bad breakouts.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/16/2018 4:12 am

Then what about going on something else I can do a list for u, sprintec, Azealic acid, roactutanne, Co cyprindiol, benzyol peroxide, doxycycline, eretromycin, trimethroprim,Co trimoxazole are amoung my findings.